The Director of Development and Operations coordinates efforts to ensure financial stability for SEACC’s programs by coordinating the organization’s overall fundraising strategy and activities. They will report to the Executive Director and work with staff to write and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan tied to the organization’s goals and campaign plans. The DDO is ultimately responsible for ensuring that grant deadlines and fundraising goals are met.
- Works with staff to create and implement comprehensive fundraising plan including goals, objectives, activities, and indicators.
- Manages grants by researching and developing new grant opportunities, maintaining relations, tracking deadlines, coordinating applications and reports (including drafting grant application and report text as needed), and preparing financial reports.
- Develops and implements fall and spring special appeals.
- Manages and cultivates Major Donors in partnership with the ED.
- Builds and coordinates activities for SEACC’s Legacy giving campaign.
- Manages SEACC’s Membership program.
- Works with Office and Operations Coordinator and Communications Coordinator to maintain and engage proactively with SEACC’s membership, managing the event calendar, creating a strategy to provide fun, educational, and enriching community events for members to attend throughout Southeast, and ensuring timely communications with SEACC membership.
- Builds a strategy for cultivating new members through events and using demographic data to diversify SEACC’s membership.
- Manages the business partnership program and explores the potential for additional donation programs such as Pick.Click.Cive, 1% for the Planet, and similar programs.
- Assists ED with organizational financial oversight, including ensuring that grant funds are expended as proposed and managing cash flow monitoring and projection.
- Works with Office and Operations Manager and Communications Coordinator to ensure that fundraising is integrated with SEACC’s overall data-driven approach to organizing and “ladder of engagement.”
- Works with designer, Office and Operations Manager, and Communications Coordinator to make sure all print and online fundraising materials are attractive, professional, and strategic.
- Stays current on best practices in fundraising development through in-person training, webinars, etc.
- Works with Executive Director and program staff to ensure effective in-person communication with funders and major donors.
- Delivers fundraising updates to the board, in coordination with the ED.
- Participates in quarterly self-evaluation and work-planning based on a strategic fundraising plan.
This position is full-time with benefits. Our office is located in downtown Juneau, Alaska. If not currently located in Juneau, acceptance of this position would be contingent on the applicant’s willingness to relocate. SEACC’s compensation package is consistent with those of small, regional nonprofits.
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 references, and 2 writing samples (grant proposals or reports — under 5 pages preferred) to [email protected].
This position is open until filled, with application review beginning 3/16/2017.
If you have any questions about this position or SEACC please contact our Office Manager Thomasina at [email protected] or call (907) 586-6942.