Job Number: 503350 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
KEY EXPECTED RESULTS/Major responsibilities:
- Programme development and planning
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevance of information.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of WASH-related outcome and output results, as well as related strategies, through analysis of WASH sector needs and priorities.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support progress towards the WASH-related outcome and/or output results in the Country Programme.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare reports on results for required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocations, organizational rules, regulations/procedures, donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity.
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys, collect and share reports with partners/stakeholders. Report critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems to supervisor, for timely action.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices in WASH, to support programme implementation.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of WASH action research and innovation (technical or systems).
- Assist in the preparation of learning/knowledge products, covering innovative approaches and good practices, to support overall WASH sector development.
- Assist in creating and delivering learning opportunities for UNICEF WASH staff, to ensure our sector capacity remains up-to-date with latest developments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- University (first) degree in civil engineering, public health, social sciences, behaviour change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Experience of experience high level advocacy for resource mobilization is an advantage.
- Basic Knowledge of Human rights and WASH
- Gender and diversity awareness
- i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [II]
- Drive for Result [II]
- Working with People [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Deciding and Initiating Actions [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
Opening Date 7 Mar 2017 W. Central Africa Standard Time
Closing Date 22 Mar 2017 W. Central Africa Standard Time