We are seeking a confident and experienced Program Manager, responsible for supporting our efforts to develop an evidence base and increase visibility of our work among funders, sector leaders, implementers, and other stakeholders. This includes: providing insights from research and analyses; building the case for small water enterprises; and engaging with key sector stakeholders to increase recognition of small water enterprises.
Specifically, the Program Manager develops and delivers high-quality research, reports, assessments, and analyses, working with counterparts in Ghana and India and external consultants. Comfortable presenting and engaging with the sector, the Program Manager takes responsibility for raising visibility and awareness to advance opportunities for small water enterprises. The Program Manager is part of our global Market Development team and supports strategic fundraising efforts.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager has key responsibility for the following strategic project areas:
Knowledge Products: Build an evidence base around our work
Sector Engagement: Bring visibility to the opportunity for small water enterprises to provide sustainable, cost-effective water to people in need
Strategic Funding and Business Development: Support strategic funding efforts for the Market Development Group, identifying opportunities, developing relationships, and increasing the visibility of our work to achieve fundraising goals
Internal Support: Raise visibility and awareness on the priorities of the Market Development Group among key stakeholders, including the Program Committee and the internal Safe Water Network team
- 7-10 years’ experience in development, finance, consulting, research, marketing, or other role with a strong analytical, financial, and writing and analysis component
- Field/development experience and water-sector knowledge
- Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving and exceptional writing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time and a strict attention to detail
- Strong, motivated, collaborative producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to the social mission of improving lives of individuals in underserved communities
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Master’s degree (desirable) in business, public health or other social science, international development, or related field