RI seeks a WASH Advisor for the USAID–funded Feed the Future Nutrition Activity in Bangladesh. This will be a five year multi-sectoral nutrition program valued at approximately US $24.5 million. The aim is to improve nutrition outcomes for children under five years of age, pregnant and lactating women and adolescent girls in the south west region of Bangladesh. The WASH Advisor will be responsible for technical leadership of the water, sanitation and hygiene aspects of the program, ensuring the implementation of high-quality, evidence-based interventions, and managing a team of senior staff and sub-partners to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all activities and products generated under the project. The WASH Advisor will be responsible for overseeing the quality of all WASH interventions funded through the Feed the Future Nutrition Activity. S/he will be responsible for achieving expected WASH outcomes and integration of WASH into nutrition and agriculture activities. The WASH Advisor will work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to coordinate and systematically disseminate lessons-learned with other USAID-funded WASH activities. The position is subject to project award and funding.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate and oversee the quality of all WASH technical activities, providing direction, feedback and support to ensure success.
- Ensure program adherence to internationally accepted technical norms and standards of practices.
- Provide input into and ensure that all donor reporting requirements on program impact are met and assist implementing partners/grantees in setting up reporting and tracking systems to provide such information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Facilitate continuous quality assessment and improvement and ensure that program best practices are documented and disseminated throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication and standards of practice among each partner organization.
- Ensure high quality program delivery and the cost-effective use of USAID and resources.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates.
- Establish and manage RI’s local technical training activities.
- Ensure that up-to-date information regarding the programs or initiatives.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the COP.
- Ensure adherence to guidelines and protocols of RI and the USAID.
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Master’s degree (equivalent) or higher in civil or environmental engineering, public health, international development, economics, business administration or another relevant field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the WASH sector, in areas related to successful activity implementation such as provision of technical expertise for WASH, demand creation, and sanitation marketing.
- Demonstrated experience building private sector capacity to provide WASH products and services is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience building local government capacity to install, rehabilitate, and maintain water systems is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in the WASH sector in Asia desirable, preferably including experience with national level coordination under the One WASH Program.
- Background and knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations.
- Strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to speak, read and write Bengali is a huge asset.
To be considered, please attach your CV, USAID 1420 Contractor Biodata Form, cover letter, three supervisory references (with contact information).
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The closing date for this position is March 15, 2017. However, as we will be processing resumes on a rolling basis we may identify a candidate prior to the closing date.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
Transparency and accountability
Agility and innovation