The Senior Associate position supports managers on monitoring ongoing projects both substantively and financially to ensure efficient and timely delivery of results.
The position oversees the provision of integrated platform across a range of services in the context of project management- HR, finance, legal, procurement and day to day project and/or output management within the country program- to ensure the effective delivery of the projects/program, in line with the Work Program and Budget/Logframe.
- Supports Peru Country Representative to lead the development of public policy work in land use and water issues for GGGI program in-country
- Oversees coordination with Peruvian government counterparts for the formulation of green growth policy options consistent with country goals and priorities
- Oversees Peru team outputs and ensures viability of GGGI recommendations for successful financing and implementation
- Oversees and integrates transactions in Finance, HR, legal, procurement for the particular project/output in an effective service platform
- Ensures adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR and finance.
- Supports project managers/country manager in monitoring the ongoing projects both substantively and financially.
- Ensure consistent delivery of public policy documents and recommendations in a timely manner according to established GGGI workplans.
- Identifies and anticipates issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommends remedial solutions for effective project management
- Anticipates project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet those needs.
- Consistent provision of quality finance and monitoring services
- Leads ERP finance portal for the project/output
- Leads the monitoring and updating of project compliance information.
- Leads budget control for procurement
- Support the project/program audits
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field, such as public administration, development economics, environmental economics, environmental technology, development studies, engineering.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in relevant sectors
- Demonstrated experience working in a leadership role in the Peruvian public sector
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, alongside strong synthesis and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in renewable energy, land use or water necessary to conduct the activities identified in the biennial workplan for the Peru office, as well as literacy in sustainability topics
- Project delivery experience, including managing the delivery of results on time and on budget
- Candidate must be fully bilingual in Spanish and English (written and verbal abilities)
- Strong analytical skills, alongside strong reporting writing skills
- Team work and creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong Stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Proven experience leading or supporting project delivery, i.e. managing/supporting the delivery of results on time and on budget
- Experience working with developing countries within the climate change / green growth sector
- Experience working in Peru and/or Latin America a must
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership
- Process and share information easily and excellent at problem solving
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff