The Sweden Textile Water Initiative (STWI) is a leading global program on sustainable resource use in textile manufacturing processes. The program aims at building capacity of production companies – suppliers and sub-suppliers of our partner brands – to achieve a triple-win: better environmental performance, better corporate citizenship and better financial prospects. The STWI programme assists factories to:
- Increase economic benefit, enhance productivity and reduce environmental impact which eventually strengthens the competitiveness of the company.
- Ensure compliance and prepare the factories for stricter legislations and standards
- Provide extensive and professional external advisory services
- Build long term technical and management capacity which enables continuous commitment and actions on improving environmental performance.
- Create better working conditions to maintain the stable and harmonious labor relations
The role of the Regional Coordinator is to directly implement or monitor the implementation of the STWI program in production countries.
Through efficient communication, monitoring and coordination with different programme partners, the Regional Coordinator is responsible for ensuring successful programme implementation in collaboration.
The Regional Coordinator represents SIWI at country level and serves as the main contact point for all STWI related issues in the specific country for the brands, consultants, factories and other stakeholders that are involved in the STWI programme implementation.
- Overall development, coordination and monitoring of the programme implementation in China and Asia.
- Communication and coordination with local consultants, brands, factories and other relevant programme partners.
- Planning, coordination and implementation of all the technical workshops in China and other countries.
- Participation in onsite assessment visits when possible.
- Write, review and edit all reports drafted by local consultants.
- Actively acquire feedback from local consultants, brands, factories and other relevant programme partners in order to improve the programme’s attractiveness and competitiveness.
Monitoring of the local consultants’ usage of the reporting system and provide support upon request.
- Attend and represent STWI/SIWI at relevant events in China for promotion of STWI programme, network building and business development
- Other tasks requested by management.
- Overseeing contracting and managing consultants, auditors and experts
- Coordinating complex projects involving international stakeholders
- Organizing workshops, meetings, and logistics for training and education activities
- Project management, team management, administration and accounting
- Analyzing complex value or supply chains, market trends, policy etc.
- An advanced university degree in a field relevant to Information Technology, environmental science, industrial resource engineering, industrial water management, chemical management, business management.
- 5 years working with similar tasks and responsibilities within sustainability advisory services (especially for the textile sector)
- The applicant must have excellent spoken, written and presentation skills in business / academic English
- Fluency in Hindi, Urdu, Mandarin, or any other language widely spoken in STWI production countries in Asia is highly valued.
- Well-developed presentation and public speaking skills.
- Well-travelled person who has worked in an international environment, preferably for European or US-based employers.
Please send your CV and personal letter to: [email protected] by March 20, 2017. Interviews will be ongoing during the application period. Contact Katarina Veem for any questions [email protected] Tel: +46 8-121 360 71.