Position Title: Consultant for Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)
Department: Clean Energy and Water (CEW)
Location: Global, can be performed remotely
Reports to: Chief of Party
Remuneration: The duration of the engagement is for a 6-week period, beginning March 13, 2017. The consultant will be compensated for up to 30 days of LOE over the contract.
The Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP) is a five-year, Leader with Associates cooperative agreement that supports U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) thought leadership, innovation and action in global water security by integrating water security issues into Mission programming through relevant, Mission-specific initiatives. Together with its partners Tetra Tech, the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), World Resources Institute (WRI), Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) and its resource partners’ CEO Water Mandate and mWater, Winrock International will develop comprehensive water security intervention strategies using locally owned solutions at the water basin, sub-basin and local catchment scales.
The Sustainable Water Partnership will:
- Improve stakeholder awareness and participation in water security.
- Improve stakeholder capacity and tools to assess water security risks.
- Improve planning and water governance capacity.
- Improve capacity and behaviors to implement water resource management measures.
- Ensure increased collaboration, learning and adaptive response to water risks.
General Summary of the Consultant:
- The consultant will provide technical writing and editing services in support of SWP materials. The Consultant will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and editing SWP toolkits (currently being developed by partners) at agreed upon deadlines
- Preparation and formatting of 6 individual toolkits for a target audience
- Other tasks, as necessary
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- The consultant will be provided all toolkits and supporting papers that have been developed by Winrock and partners on water security. The consultant will:
- Review all materials provided
- Provide inputs, comments and detailed feedback on the style of the toolkits and supplemental materials
- Work with Chief of Party on identifying and establishing a consistent voice that is appropriate for the targeted audience
- Work with other partners on any needed revisions of the toolkits and supporting materials
- The consultant will collaborate with graphic artist and Winrock Communications Associate to optimize the presentation of the written content.
Qualifications & Background:
- Experience as a writer/editor
- 5 years of experience as writer and editor of environmental related toolkits/handbooks/field -manuals;
- Demonstrated abilities and track record in the simplification and clear communication of complicated social, political, and environmental processes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in editing and formatting training material development.
- Meets deadlines with quality deliverables.
- Experience with USAID and/or other international program management will be an added advantage. As would developing country experience in the context of water management.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- High Information Technology literacy.
- Ability to work at the highest ethical standards at all times.