Advertisements for Wash in School Officer (WinS Officer)
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia. ADRA Somalia is seeking to fill a position of Wash in School Officer (WinS Officer) on short contract to be based in Kismayu.
The specific tasks under this assignment are:
- Ensure that the WASH in schools software program is planned, implemented, monitored and reported in a technically sound, timely, and cost-effective manner, incorporating strategies to ensure that outcomes can be sustained by children and schools and implementation is aligned with school hardware activities.
- Provide support at district, regional and national levels to effectively coordinate, implement, monitor and advocate for WinS in Kismayo, Jubaland and the country as a whole.
- Support empowerment of children to act as change agents through ensuring the program design supports the promotion of child and youth participation in WASH programming.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Program Corporation Agreements (PCA) with Right to Play and Curious Minds, by assisting the WASH Specialist in monitoring program progress, communicating key details to partners and completing program monitoring visits.
- Support the generation of evidence through action research on Health and Hygiene Education through Play and Sports (HHETPS) implementation
Support SHEP to facilitate WASH behavior change in school children by:
Supporting the implementation of behavior change program, with a focus on children in basic schools practice handwashing with soap
Facilitate the training of teachers and pupils and teachers on proper use and maintenance of facilities including the development of Facility Management Plans
Compile WASH program implementation reports for knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media
Qualifications and Experience
- A national professional with a minimum of a Degree in Public Health, WASH Education, Project Management or a field related to development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Program Communication) is a strong asset.
- Five years progressively responsible professional experience in designing, implementing or reviewing WASH in Schools behavior change programs and projects.
Interested persons should send their applications and CVs stating their expected fees in USD to [email protected] by 5th March 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.