We are looking for a new Grants Manager to play a key part in delivering our ambitious fundraising strategy and targets for growth. We’re looking for an expert fundraiser and writer with excellent relationship management skills. The Grants Manager will help us maintain excellent stewardship of our current funder relationships as well as identify and develop mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of prospects. You’ll research new foundation, government and other fundraising opportunities and put in place plans and strategies for each potential donor. You’ll draft and develop compelling, high quality grant applications and donor reports in partnership with our outstanding program and administrative staff. You’ll oversee information flow internally to ensure grant proposals move expeditiously through the proposal development process, focusing on timeliness, quality, consistency, and compliance with the application rules of the potential funder and International Rivers’ organizational policies. The Grants Manager will be vital member of our small and nimble Development team, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
You’ll bring a demonstrated background of strong writing. You’ll bring experience of securing grants from foundations and other funders, as well as experience of working with a diverse team. You’ll also be innovative and persuasive. We’ll be looking to you to identify new fundraising opportunities so a creative and entrepreneurial outlook is essential. Finally, collaborative by nature, you’ll work sensitively to develop fundraising opportunities with a broad range of colleagues from our campaigners through to our communications team.
What you can expect from us
- Develop and deliver on foundation fundraising targets through maximizing income from existing and new sources
- Proactively identify and research new foundation and fundraising opportunities, develop appropriate and customised cultivation plans and strategies for each donor, and guide applications
- Produce high quality applications, including narratives, supporting log-frames, risk frameworks, and detailed budgets, working in close collaboration with the program and administrative staff
- Develop long-term and sustainable relationships through effective stewardship and account management, including timely donor reports to ensure contract compliance and positioning the organization to secure continuation and/or an increase in funding
- Develop excellent working relationships with the program and administrative teams, coordinate regular update and monitoring meetings to review progress on outcomes, activities, and review expenditures
- Identify possible delays and take solutions-based action to ensure grant compliance and appropriate communication with funders
- Maintain a high quality database for tracking contacts, current contracts, partnerships, and reporting timeframes. Review and update processes on a regular basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current and planned campaign activities
- Keep abreast of professional trends, developments and networking in the sector
- Work with the fundraising and the communications team to develop effective fundraising communications for your portfolio of donors
- Carry out any additional tasks as reasonably requested in line with the general responsibility of the role.
- Ensure that all fundraising complies with all International Rivers policies as well as relevant fundraising requirements
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across International Rivers to collectively deliver on our mission, vision, aims, objectives, and plans
- Make a positive contribution to the development team and the wider organization by playing an active role in campaign and organization-wide working groups and meetings
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to creating an inclusive, equal and diverse workplace
- Proven ability to produce high quality funding proposals and a track record of securing high value grants
- Demonstrable experience in identifying, cultivating and maintaining productive relationships with potential and existing donors
- Experience of developing a strong prospect pipeline and of projecting future income
- Experience of managing grants and ensuring compliance
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills particularly in using Microsoft office applications and relevant grant management database applications
- Superb organizational and time-management skills, and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Commitment to International Rivers’ mission and values
- Eligible to work in the United States.
International Rivers offers excellent benefits (vacation, health insurance and more, including flexible schedules). Telecommuting for a portion of the work week is an option.
In order to be considered for this position, send your resume, three writing samples such as proposals and LOIs, and a cover letter explaining why you
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that