The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, a dynamic and multifaceted non-profit conservation organization, is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to develop and implement the organization’s marketing and media relations strategies. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Communications Manager to create and communicate the organization’s core messages, programs, events, and advocacy positions. This is a 12-month position, with opportunity for extension.
The Marketing Manager serves as the organization’s lead writer, editor, and manager of media relations. This new position complements the Communications Manager’s efforts, which are focused on online, social media, videography, photojournalism and other graphical forms of communications. This collaboration will seek to broaden and expand the organization’s membership, enrollment in its programs, and engagement with the public.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for refining the organization’s messages, as appropriate, and maintaining consistency across its various communications platforms. The Manager establishes and cultivates relationships with the media, and organizations and institutions that can help the Watershed promote its mission, programs and events. Occasional evening hours and weekends are required, as determined by the Development Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Two plus years of relevant experience in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies to advance an organization’s goals.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience cultivating relationships with print and other media and securing media coverage.
- Ability to work collaboratively in and across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to engage people from diverse backgrounds and in a variety of settings.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, contact management, and media databases.
The Watershed's mission is to keep water clean, safe and healthy. Since 1949, the organization has worked to protect and restore water and the natural environment in central New Jersey through conservation, advocacy, science and education. Our offices are located in the LEED-Platinum Watershed Center on the 930-acre Watershed Reserve in Hopewell Township.
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Laurie Babicki, Executive Assistant to the Director <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>. To find out more about the Watershed Association please visit our website: <a href="http://www.thewatershed.org/">www.thewatershed.org</a>