About International Center on Small Hydro Power
International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution directly under the auspices of United Nations Industrial and Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), which is an international organization with more than 400 members from 78 countries.
About Global Environment Facility
The Global Environment Facility (GEF) was established on the eve of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit, to help tackle our planet’s most pressing environmental problems. Since then, the GEF has provided $14.5 billion in grants and mobilized $75.4 billion in additional financing for almost 4,000 projects. The GEF has become an international partnership of 183 countries, international institutions, civil society organizations, and private sector to address global environmental issues.
GEF 6 Project: Upgrading of China SHP Capacity Project
The Project is situated at the heart of the water-energy nexus and aims at promoting innovation, technology transfer, and supportive policies and strategies. It will focus on green and safe Small Hydro Power (SHP) upgrading/refurbishment in China. The main objective is to support the Ministry of Water Resources to introduce new measures to SHP upgrading in China, to ensure SHP has less of an environmental impact and that safe production and management processes are introduced at the same time as reducing GHG emissions.
The total project implementation duration is about 5 years. In June 2016, the project has already been approved by GEF, and its implementation will begin in mid 2017. At the same time, there will be a Project Management Unit (PMU) established in ICSHP in charge of arrangement and coordination of the project implementation.
There is an opportunity for 3 self-motivated member to join the PMU to work on project reports now. The work location is at ICSHP (Hangzhou, China) and successful candidates will support the report writing related to the GEF project.
– Writing project reports related to the GEF project (project proposals, inception/progress/result reports, and etc.);
– Promoting and other support of the project (translations, newsletter, website contributions);
– Concept development and follow-up research for the project;
– Maintaining contact with other international executing agencies/partners.
Qualifications and Experience
– A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in one of the fields: climate change, environment engineering, renewable energy, hydrology and water resources management and related area;
– Work experience in one of the following areas is preferred: climate change, environment engineering, renewable energy, hydrology and water resources management and related area;
– Applicant who has worked for NGO (e.g. United Nations or the government, or has similar project management and coordinating experience will be highly recognized.
– Native English or very good English level, Chinese will be additionally appreciated;
– Excellent writing skills with editing and proof-reading experience;
– Excellent communication skills to maintain relations with other international executing agencies/partners;
– Professional Microsoft office skills.
– Other languages;
– Ability to work in a team;
– Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time;
Salary and Visa Information
The role here is classified as ‘voluntary’. Applications will therefore have to apply for the F Visa generally. While we cannot influence the outcome of any visa decision, we do provide administrative to support for your application.
The successful candidate will be provided, in return for full time hours (8.30-16.30 Monday to Friday) the following:
– Free and secure accommodation at the Secretariat with cooking facilities
– Lunch on Monday to Friday
– Pocket money of 3k RMB every month initially, with rising potential
Given the voluntary nature of the position, it is important to note that any applicants have the financial means to purchase the flight tickets and obtain the “F” visa. ICSHP does not reimburse these costs.
Length of contract is for 3 months initially (with the option to extend).
Preferred starting date: 1 April 2017
Please apply with CV and cover letter to Zoey /the International Centre on Small Hydropower.
Email: [email protected]
For more information, please find:
|Job Email id:||syzhu(at)icshp.org|