The College of Hydrology and Water Resources (CHWR) at Hohai University (HHU), China invites applications for multiple post-doctoral positions in water sciences, to start as early as March 2017. The positions are open until filled. The salaries will be internationally competitive and commensurate with candidates’ experience and skills.
Established in 1915, HHU is the leader of innovation and development of higher education in hydraulic engineering and water sciences in China. HHU has played as China’s key force to solve its major water security issues. CHWR is a key component of HHU and is the first college established nationwide devoted solely to the study of water. The college is also key contributor of a national key laboratory and a national engineering center.
HHU is located at Nanjing, Jiangsu, China. Nanjing is the internationally recognized capital of Jiangsu province, one of the largest cities in China. Situated in the heartland of the Yangtze River Delta, it has long been a major center of culture, education, research, politics, economy, transport networks and tourism.
- CHWR seeks 3 positions in the field of watershed hydrological simulation, including the study on basic rainfall-runoff theory and approach, and the simulation of response of hydrological process to climate change and human activity.
- CHWR seeks 3 positions in the field of water resources management, water resources planning, water resources utilization and protection, water resource policy.
- CHWR seeks 3 positions in the field of atmospheric-hydrological coupled modeling system, Land surface model, ecological evolution, assessment and prediction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidates will conduct independent, externally funded research programs in their field of expertise. Support for developing an active research agenda is provided through departmental support. CHWR will provide strong supports to the successful candidates to apply for national and provincial research grants.
Experience & Qualifications
- All candidates must hold a Ph.D. in hydrology, water resources, ecology, and other related fields.
- The candidates should demonstrate a strong publication potential in hydrology, water resources, and other related fields (at least 2 first-author papers published in internationally recognized journals).
Total income is up to 210,000 RMB/year (appx. 30,000USD/Year) and commensurate with research outputs.
Dr. Tao Yang
Dean, Professor, Ph.D
College of Hydrology and Water Resources
State Key Laboratory of Hydrology-Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering,
Center for Global Change and Water Cycle,
Nanjing 210098, China
Tel: (+86) 25 8378 6017