Job Number: 503173 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Consultancy
Title: National Consultant – WASH Partnership and Monitoring Officer
Type of Contract: SSA (Special Service Agreement)
Duty Station: Banda Aceh
Duration: March until December 2017 (10 months)
Please indicate the expected daily rate/ total lump sum fee in your application. Application without proposed fee may not be considered.
In the past ten years, the Indonesian government’s investment in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector has been increasing substantially. The endorsement of community based water and sanitation development by National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) in 2003 has marked the major shift in WASH development paradigm. One of the significant change was the establishment of an ad-hoc coordination group, known as Kelompok Kerja Air Minum dan Penyehatan Lingkungan (Pokja AMPL) or WASH working group. A number of government ministries working directly and indirectly in the WASH sector came together to coordinate within this WASH working group, including Bappenas, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Public Work, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Education, and so on.
Under the umbrella of the Pokja AMPL, UNICEF is working closely with Bappeda Aceh Province in strengthening coordination, planning, implementation, management, and monitoring and evaluation of water and sanitation development sector. Based on previous discussion between CSD Specialist, Chief of Field Office and WASH specialist, there are five technical assistances identified that can strengthen WASH development sector in Aceh province. By providing technical assistance and strengthening of WASH enabling environment in Aceh Province, it is expected that UNICEF could contribute in achieving universal access in 2019.
1. Develop governor regulation on STBM. The governor regulation can be used as reference for districts within Aceh province to allocate more fund on STBM. Furthermore, at the village level, head of the village could also use the governor regulation as a justification to allocate Dana Desa for STBM.
2. Support Pokja AMPL in developing STBM advocacy tool and policy brief. The advocacy tools and policy brief can be used by provincial Pokja AMPL to advocate districts AMPL team.
3. Integration of school sanitation on SSK advocated during PPSP kick off. There is also an opportunity to support piloting of SSK integrated with WinS in at least one district.
4. Utilizing MUI Fatwa on the use of zakat, infaq, sodaqoh dan wafaq for WASH sector in Aceh. By providing technical assistance to Aceh province Baitul Mall, Aceh Province could have a great example for other provinces or districts on how to operationalise the use zakat, infaq and sodaqoh for WASH development sector.
5. Provide technical assistance to BPM Aceh and PHO Aceh to develop policy brief and circular letter on WASH evidence based document to utilize village funds for WASH programme.
Under the direct supervision of the CSD Specialist, supported by Chief of Field Office, this consultancy work aims to deliver high quality technical support to Pokja AMPL. He/she should provide daily assistance to Pokja AMPL in supporting provincial government in achieving its vision in Water and Sanitation sector. This Terms of Reference is developed to recruit a Provincial Consultant on WASH sector, preferably who already has significant experience in WASH sector development. Technical support will be provided by WASH Specialist in Jakarta to ensure the attainment of planned outputs.
In general, the consultant’s main tasks is to provide daily basis technical support to Pokja AMPL in managing WASH development and support In detail, consultant is expected to:
1. Ensure the development and legalization of governor regulation on STBM.
2. Facilitate the development of STBM advocacy tool and policy brief.
3. Provide technical assistance on the integration of WinS on SSK development.
4. Initiate and provide technical assistance to Baitul Mall on the use of zakat, infaq, sodaqoh dan wafaq for WASH development sector.
5. Facilitate the development of policy brief and circular letter on WASH evidence based document.
1. Governor regulation on STBM drafted, finalized and legalized.
2. STBM advocacy tools and policy brief developed and shared.
3. WinS component is integrated on SSK in Banda Aceh.
4. Operationalize MUI Fatwa with Baitul Mall Aceh.
5. Policy brief and circular letter from BPM Aceh and PHO Aceh.
IDEAL PROFILE OF THE CONSULTANT:
• Education in Public Health, Education, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Master is preferable.
• Technical Knowledge of the theories, principles and methods in the following areas: WASH advocacy, developing WASH guidelines, WASH in schools, institutional strengthening, Knowledge Management, monitoring and evaluation, qualitative research.
• 3 to 5 years of experience, previous experience of working in WASH will be an asset.
• Preferably candidate who has strong experience in facilitating institutional strengthening, including developing a strategic plan, coordination and liaison with various government ministries.
• Good understanding on Syariah Law and Village Law and its implementation in Aceh.
• Good communication skills in English, including writing and presentation skills and local Bahasa Indonesia.
• Good writing skills.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, teleconferencing, file sharing, and various office applications.
Disclaimer: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Opening Date 24 Feb 2017 SE Asia Standard Time
Closing Date 3 Mar 2017 SE Asia Standard Time