With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Program Coordinator is a key member of the Political Affairs team, which is based in EDF’s Washington, DC office. The Program Coordinator is responsible for all administrative support for the Vice President. Under the supervision of the Senior Business Manager, the Program Coordinator will take on projects to help the operations of the entire team. This includes helping manage external relations, Board communications and helping with working with other programs across EDF.
Independent judgment is important and required to plan, prioritize and organize your workload within this busy program. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to grasp administrative processes quickly, research and prepare documents on tight deadlines and work well within a team. This is an excellent opportunity to use core business, research and administrative skills. The Program Coordinator reports to the Senior Business Manager.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks in support of the Vice President, Political Affairs, including travel planning, preparing expense reimbursements, scheduling and all additional administrative tasks.
- Attend meetings and be able to document, identify and track key takeaways, next steps, including research needs.
- Coordinate with the Senior Business Manager on administering contractual agreements for consultants, including working with program staff and consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled and invoices are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills by responding to requests for information, helping to coordinate activities and projects for the team and preparing correspondence as needed.
- Manage other administrative tasks associated with staff, including logistics, office needs, and telecommunications.
- A minimum of four years’ work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree is needed.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Presence, confidence and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
This position will be located in the Washington, DC office.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer