Your workplace environment
As Senior consultant Water and Regional Economics international projects you will be working on a broad range of national and international projects with emphasis on urban and regional development, and climate adaptation. You will join the Water and Regional Economics team that is working on national, EU and international projects in these areas. Our activities consist of policy research, consultancy and project and program management. Our clients are mainly regional and national governments in the Netherlands, the European Union and in the rest of the world. We also work for private organisations and financial institutions.
What are you going to do?
As a team member you are expected to contribute to further development of the project portfolio of international projects in the field of integrated water resource management, urbanizing delta’s, climate adaptation etc. Apart from identification and acquisition of new business opportunities, we expect you to be responsible for project implementation. You will coordinate and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients and support junior consultants in their work. The position will be based in Rotterdam, but you are expected to work mainly on international projects in developing countries, involving short term missions.
What do we ask?
We are looking for a entrepreneurial consultant with the following qualifications:
- Strong economic background, i.e. masters degree in Economics or Finance, proven experience in carrying out ex ante financial-economic analysis (e.g. feasibility studies, including cost benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, business cases);
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience as a senior economist in international public infrastructure development projects, proven by implemented assignments and projects in this field (expertise with water management, climate adaptation, drinking water & sanitation, urbanizing deltas is a strong benefit);
- Ability to take on projects on related subjects with respect to urban and regional development;
- Active and relevant network among (international) clients and donors and cooperation partners;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proven commercial skills – preferably within a consultancy environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably Dutch. Good language skills in any other major European language would be an asset;
- Ability to work in the Netherlands, EU and the rest of the world and willingness to travel frequently.
What we offer
You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility. Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. Besides from intense working we also have fun. We frequently have drinks (‘borrels’) in our lounge area where we also celebrate our successes. Our staff is a inspiring mix of different nationalities, of juniors and seniors and of people with different professional backgrounds. Talented professionals who choose for Ecorys want to make a difference in society and to pursue change and progress.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop yourself. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can mail your questions to [email protected]
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form.