DAI is recruiting for the upcoming USAID-funded Green Invest Asia Activity. The activity aims to support Asian countries to scale up low-emission land management best practices through (a) development of an increased pipeline of investible projects and businesses in the Sustainable Landscapes (SL) sector, (b) increased private sector investments by banks, financial institutions, and funds into sustainable, low-emission land management businesses, and (c) improved capacity of sustainable landscape stakeholders to identify, design, and finance businesses that can implement profitable low-emission land management.
DAI is looking for a Green Capital Lead for the Green Invest Asia bid. It is expected to be a five-year program beginning in late 2017. The position will be based in Bangkok, with regional travel to other countries in Asia.
- Supporting the Chief of Party, provide oversees day-to-day engagement with financial institutions including commercial banks, Development Finance Institutions, Social Impact Investors and other donors to develop the ecosystem for sustainable landscape investment in the region;
- Increase investment in sustainable landscapes through support to companies and banks to develop, underwrite, and issue green bonds as appropriate;
- Build capacity of fund managers and banks to improve and standardize environmental, social and governance guidelines and systems;
- Oversee the identification of transaction advisors and firms who will take deals through to close;
- Liaise closely with USAID/Development Credit Authority to identify opportunities for credit enhancement in both debt and equity arrangements.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, or economics.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience working in green investment and sustainable business initiatives.
- Understanding of conservation finance initiatives, preferably investment models in sustainable agriculture and forestry.
- Experience working in or managing donor-funded programs in climate change adaptation and finance, preferably in Asia.
- Proven interpersonal skills and exceptional oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English, including good writing skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the words “Green Capital Lead” in the subject line.