The International Economic Growth Division manages projects that are pioneering new approaches to agriculture, food security, climate change, and competitiveness—as well as monitoring and evaluating projects within these sectors. We work throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East for chiefly governmental clients, including the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the World Bank and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Abt Associates, a global leader in research and program implementation in the field of international development, seeks qualified candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded energy and climate change adaptation program to support countries in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan). The objective of the program will be to support large scale renewable energy development in the region and scientific information and analysis for climate adaptation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting and/or using climate change science for analyzing impacts of climate in Central Asia, including downscaling of climate data
- Improving institutions for climate change risk assessments and adaptation planning
- Linking climate change to disaster risk and response planning
- Monitoring and evaluation of climate change adaptation
- Climate change risk assessment and/or development of risk screening tools for sectors
- Consulting with women and vulnerable communities to assess climate risk and develop adaptation plans
- National and regional climate change adaptation planning
- Candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with 7+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas as they relate to climate change adaptation, ideally in Central Asia.
- Strong knowledge of English and Russian languages required.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Please email your CV to [email protected] with your area(s) of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.