Global Footprint Network is an international non-profit that promotes a sustainable economy by advancing the Ecological Footprint, a tool that makes sustainability measurable. The Ecological Footprint has become one of the most widely used sustainability metrics in the world and is the only tool that comprehensively measures human demand on the planet against what the planet can supply. It is increasingly used by governments and investors to guide decision making in a resource constrained world.
For more information about Global Footprint Network and the Ecological Footprint visit: www.footprintnetwork.org.
Global Footprint Network is seeking an experienced project manager with analytical skills. The Program Associate is responsible for managing the setup, production and delivery of Ecological Footprint projects; building and maintaining relationships with clients; and supporting the refinement of the organization’s offerings. Additionally, the Program Associate may collaborate with the Research Team, contributing to the advancement of the National Footprint Accounts and applications of Global Footprint Network’s core research.
This full time position is based in Oakland and s/he reports to the Director of Programs.
• Manage project teams and monitor project progress against budgets, goals, and timelines.
• Analyze results and write up findings for external-facing reports and briefs.
• Report project progress to management, including evaluation of project successes/failures and staff availability and capacity.
• Assist with the preparation of project budgets.
• Support the production and quality assurance of the National Footprint Accounts, as needed.
Individuals with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
• More than three years of experience managing projects, ideally client-facing.
• Superior written and oral communication skills; experience drafting scientific reports/manuscripts highly desired.
• Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses, and effectively communicate results.
• Excellent relationship-management skills and collaborative team player.
• Strong attention to detail, well-organized, self-motivated, and able to meet project deadlines within budgets.
• A passion for global resource and sustainability issues.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in environmental science, geography, biology, ecological economics, or related field, or equivalent years of work experience in science or technology sector (analytical experience essential).
• Fluency in other language(s) in addition to English is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Global Footprint Network offers a competitive salary range. A benefits package is provided, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403(b) plan and other benefits. Our collegial, open-plan office is located in a neighborhood with good transit access. Our communal lunches are light-hearted and often delicious.
Click here to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please.
Global Footprint Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to diversity in the workplace.