JOB TITLE: Programme Officer
REPORTS TO: Head of Network Operations
TEAM MEMBERS: Network Operations
SALARY CATEGORY: B1 – Officer
LOCATION: GWP Secretariat in Stockholm, Sweden
DURATION: 2 years
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION:
The Programme Officer will work in Network Operations Unit supporting GWP Programme development and management in 2 areas: (i) water & climate and (ii) Gender.
The position is responsible for supporting the Global Water, Climate and Development Programme (WACDEP) team. The WACDEP programme includes a global component (link to major processes such as UNFCCC) and a portfolio of regional projects that aim to build climate resilience through better water management. WACDEP aims to integrate water security and climate resilience in development planning processes, build climate resilience and support countries to adapt to a new climate regime through increased investments in water security.
The position is also responsible for GWP gender focal point activities. It anchors the operationalization of the GWP gender strategy and is responsible for mainstreaming, coordinating and facilitating gender initiatives and activities in the GWP Network.
The position reports to the Head of Network Operations and also works in close collaboration with the Global Water and Climate Coordinator.
DUTIES AND TASKS
Specific duties and tasks within both climate and gender include:
- Ensure the tracking of the global climate processes related to adaptation and water management and represent GWP in meetings and workshops related to climate themes
- Assist with preparations for global climate change events and process under the UNFCCC
- Working closely with Senior Network Officers, follow up and actively support on requests for GWPO support to global and RWP programme proposals, providing guidance where necessary, especially in relation to gender mainstreaming and climate issues. Support fundraising efforts of the regions and GWPO accordingly.
- Coordinate the work of the Gender Focal Points in the regions within the framework of GWP Gender Strategy. The tasks include coordinating the work of gender focal points in the regions, establishing new contacts and exploring synergies with other organizations for collaboration.
- Work towards internalizing gender sensitivity as a fundamental GWP value within the GWP Secretariat and in the regions with the support of GFPs.
- Review and assess regional progress reports, compile assessments and reports from regions. Synthesise lessons and outcomes of programme implementation and feed into GWP knowledge systems, GWP websites, GWP Tool Box and others to ensure visibility of GWP programmes.
- Manage and coordinate with the GWPO Communication Unit to develop communication materials.
- Preparing, organising, administrating, and filing of key documents, decisions, contracts related to the GWP programmes. Support the administration of experts and consultants commissioned by GWPO to provide services
- Support the planning and organization of GWPO quarterly review meetings on programme development, presenting findings where necessary
- Assist and advise the Senior Network Officers in reconciliation of regional implementation, delivery of activities and budgets against work plans and budget forecasts
- Work closely with the Network Operations Unit as a member and contribute to dynamic team working spirit and environment
- Any other duties as assigned to enhance the assigned thematic area and programme implementation, especially representing GWP at international events as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in project management of development cooperation programmes, knowledge of climate change adaptation and gender mainstreaming
- Relevant university degree(s) in science or political sciences
- Experience with climate change adaptation global policy processes under the UNFCCC and familiar with NAPs, NDCs and climate finance such as GCF, GEF and others is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages – (French and Spanish) an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks with excellent project management skills.
- Service-oriented work style, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work effectively and harmoniously at all levels.
- Experience in a multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, experience with the Microsoft Suite of programs, and an ability to acquire web editing skills, use of spread sheets
The closing date for applications is 12th March 2017. Please email your CV and a cover letter, in English, to [email protected] with the subject “Programme Officer Gender Climate” and specify how you learnt about the position.
Please note that due to limited resources, we will only respond to candidates who will be called for interviews. If you have not received a response within two months of the deadline, you can assume you have not proceeded further in the selection process.
GWPO reserves the right to offer the position at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected candidate.