San Francisco Baykeeper is looking for an enthusiastic intern to conduct in-depth research and analysis and develop informational materials related to pollution in San Francisco Bay. This volunteer intern will work closely with Baykeeper’s Program Director.
- Training: Intern will work in the Baykeeper office and develop an understanding about the Bay’s watershed, pollution threats, environmental policies and local governmental agencies. Intern may also occasionally participate in field trainings, investigations, or boat patrols.
- Commitment: Starting immediately, 10-15 hours a week, location can vary (occasional remote work is possible, however Baykeeper’s office is preferable).
- Compensation: This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Available on a regular schedule for at least 5 months;
- Comfortable in an office setting working with computers, websites, online databases, and complex research topics;
- Ability to create high-quality Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word graphics, such as tables and graphs;
- Resourceful, excellent problem solver;
- Online research experience;
- Ability to navigate social media sites;
- Willingness to assist with small administrative tasks is a plus;
- Punctuality, positive attitude, demonstrated commitment to Bay stewardship, and good people skills are also strongly desired.
How to Apply
Provide a short email expressing your interest and describing why you are a good fit for the position, a resume, and two references to [email protected]. The subject line should read “[Your Last Name], Internship.” Position will remain open until filled. For more information, email [email protected].