It’s hard to believe that today over 663 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
Nearly 60 million people – 31% of the Nigerian population – do not have access to safe water; while 71% of the population lacks access to basic sanitation, that’s over 130 million people without a toilet! Around 45,000 children under the age of five in Nigeria die from diarrhoeal diseases caused by the nation’s poor levels of access to water, sanitation and hygiene.
WaterAid Nigeria is looking for a Director of Programmes to play a vital role in changing this narrative and contribute to our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working with the Programmes Directorate in WaterAid Nigeria, the post holder will:
- Be part of the country senior management role
- Be accountable for setting and maintaining high standards of programming quality that reflect adherence to WaterAid technical standards, best practice and donor guidelines
- Foster needs-driven innovation to improve effectiveness and impact.
- Ensure country level activities consistently meet the highest standards of accountability as outlined in the WaterAid Programme Accountability Framework
- Ensure the desired linkages between policy and practice are achieved and our programmes in the country influence transformational change
To be successful in the Director of Programmes role, you must have a master’s level degree plus a minimum ten years international development programme management experience. At least three years of your experience should be in a senior management position in a reputed international or national non -governmental organisation (NGO).
Please download the job description here>
Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest letter / updated CV to [email protected] . The submission must indicate position title as subject/in the subject line of the email.
Please note: To apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria