Posted on: 15/02/17
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months to start (renewable)
About the context:
To date, 11 million people are in need of assistance in Iraq, with 3.3 million people internally displaced (HRP 2017), and massive waves of displacement expected in the coming months with the operations to retake ISIL-held areas ongoing. Close to four months into the military operation to retake Mosul from ISIL, over 163,000 people were displaced in Ninevah directorate by end of January 2017 due to military operations. Some humanitarian assistance has been provided to populations in the southern Mosul corridor and East Mosul, however, uncovered needs remain dire. Solidarites International’s (SI) assessment mission conducted in January 2017 in Mosul area confirmed wide spread needs in terms of WASH assistance and particularly emergency access to safe water, in parallel of stabilization efforts such as long term rehabilitation of water supply infrastructures.
About SI in Irak
Solidarites International is in the process of launching operations in Iraq to respond to those unmet needs related the Mosul crisis with a 2 pillar strategy:
- Emergency Response: Provision of emergency, life-saving WASH assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the Mosul conflict
- Sustainable support: Support rehabilitation of water infrastructures damaged/destroyed to ensure a more sustainable access to safe and sufficient water.
To be noted that SI is also establishing a partnership with a Health actor (INGO) to ensure an integrated WASH & HEALTH response including WASH/rehabilitation support to health facilities.
Further assistance in livelihoods is also being considered.
About the job
In order to open its mission in Iraq and launch the WASH programme, SI is looking for a highly motivated professional with an emergency response background
Key responsibilities and priorities
- Launching, implementation and follow-up of the WaSH emergency response activities and adjustment if required and according to the evolution of the situation.
- Close monitoring of the WaSH needs in the targeted areas and other surrounding if possible.
- Recruitment, training and management of the WaSH team
- Coordination with partner organization(s) in the ground and through relevant clusters and working groups
- Logistics and budget follow-up of the wash programs. Close and constant collaboration with support departments (HR, admin and logistics)
- Design and development of new projects if required
Experience / background:
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
A salaried post: according to experience starting from 2.300 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7-day break during the 3rd and the 9th month (with 500 euros allocated by Solidarités). He or she will also be entitled to go back to his or her home country for a 14-day period after six months spent on the mission (Solidarités will cover travel costs).
For further information about SI, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
CONTACT: Corinne LORIN, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer