It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Project Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the International Programs and Policy Team, the Project Manager will:
- Lead and provide oversight to all aspects WAC’s donor compliance requirements for assigned projects. Assigned project will include a new Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) project being implemented as part of a consortium in three countries.
- Lead the participating WA Country Program teams and partners through all phases of the project cycle, building national staff capacity wherever possible.
- Provide excellent technical guidance and leadership in program management, financial management, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and partner relationships related to the project.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- University degree in development studies, public health, education, WASH, environment, feminist/gender studies, or other related area. Or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience implementing large, complex projects with multiple partner organizations, with demonstrated ability/skills in Monitoring and Evaluation, and high-quality report writing.
- Experience with Global Affairs Canada project management and reporting processes, including Results-Based Management (RBM).
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
Periodic travel to project sites is required once travel restrictions due to the COVID pandemic are removed.
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to [email protected], using Project Manager as the subject of the email. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and the application deadline is 11th July.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Canada.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer, and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
No recruitment agencies please.