Tuvli, an Akima Company, is dedicated to providing our customers with superior, integrated technology and program support services and solutions. Our systems engineering, information technology, information assurance, program support and project management staff work closely with customers to ensure that our solutions are directly aligned with their business processes and desired program outcomes. We emphasize affordability, and delivering the best value for technology investments. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Provide highly specialized scientific, hydrology, and engineering expertise to the CRT Chief Negotiator, the Transboundary Water Officer, and the Energy and Environment
- Officer, and the interagency U.S. negotiating team (chiefly the Department of Interior,
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bonneville Power Administration, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) during negotiations with Canada.
- Compile technical information regarding the balance between flood control, hydroelectric production, economic, and environmental issues on the Columbia River.
- Provide expertise to WHA/CAN on flood control, hydroelectric power generation, and environmental impacts and mitigation of infrastructure projects, water quality, notification for projects with transboundary impacts, flood mitigation studies, tribal engagement, and water apportionment challenges.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to assist CRT Chief Negotiator, the Transboundary Water Officer, the Energy and Environment Officer, and the Office of the Legal Advisor in identifying parameters of potential U.S. approaches; analyze, monitor, report on the views of key governments and constituencies on important developments; analyze complex scientific, technical, economic, and environmental issues related to the Treaty. Performs technical research on transboundary environmental and economic activity between Canada and the United States.
- Identify new and emerging situations that provide new perspectives for understanding the complex flood control, power generation, and environmental factors. Conduct research on treaty annexes, protocols, and academic studies related to flood control, hydroelectric production, economic, and environmental issues in order to produce background information for use in pre-negotiations and negotiations. Develop options for policy initiatives that address critical natural resource issues of broad scope and impact to U.S. interests.
- Support WHA/CAN in understanding technical considerations of States, Tribes, and stakeholders.
- Support other WHA/CAN transboundary issues including International Joint Commission (IJC), as well as developments in the arctic, climate change, critical minerals cooperation, and transboundary energy issues.
- PhD in engineering and strong hydrology and engineering analysis background and technical skills.
- Active Tsecret or higher clearance
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in hydrology and water policy issues Ten (10) years or more work experience on transitions, conflict prevention, political risk assessment, political economic analysis, state building, governance, and human rights.
- Experience evaluating environmental and social performance in water infrastructure programs overseas.
- Experience developing and monitoring transboundary water-related operations and agreements.
- Strong knowledge of U.S.-Canada transboundary water basins, key issues, and stakeholders.
- Experience assessing and monitoring the implementation of the environmental and social performance of strategies and programs.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently to assess priorities and manage daily coordination of details with minimal supervision.
- Some knowledge of French preferred.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at [email protected] or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.