Tetra Tech ARD, headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the Operations Specialist (OS) role for the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Financing (WASH-FIN) program based in Washington, D.C. WASH-FIN is a five year, ~$41M project recently awarded to Tetra Tech by USAID. WASH-FIN seeks to close infrastructure financing gaps to achieve universal access to water and sanitation services through sustainable and creditworthy business models, increased public funding and expanded market finance for infrastructure investment.
WASH-FIN goals include increasing the number of people with access to a safely managed drinking water and/or sanitation services; strengthened capability of governments to track investments in WASH services; mobilized sustained and reliable finance to invest in improved WASH service delivery at the local level; and strengthened ability of USAID and development partners to understand, scale and replicate successful approaches to WASH finance.
The OS will be responsible for overseeing operations in the DC-area office and field offices. This position will report to the Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) providing operational support for all offices for travel, logistics, procurement, financial management, and field office start-ups and close-outs.
The successful candidate will begin on or around February 1, 2017, report to the DAF, and be based in the project’s office in Arlington, Virginia.
* Assist the DAF in the general management of the project office, ensuring compliance of WASH-FIN operations with USAID and Tetra Tech administrative policies and guidelines;
* Assist with recruitment, contracting, and hiring of consultants and local staff;
* Help coordinate and support field activities, including start up and close out; long- and short-term field missions; training events for USAID, host country governments and local stakeholders; and event organization;
* Participate in, take notes, report, and distribute notes on staff meetings and other relevant events as necessary;
* Organize and manage the project’s SharePoint or other workspace platform, including training new staff, setting up new users, and liaising with Tetra Tech IT support as needed;
* Manage office supplies and maintenance of office equipment and project property (including annual property physical inventory) in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech policy and regulations, including submission of monthly and other periodic reports;
* Assist in development of project activity budgets and tracking of activity budgets, VAT, and overall project expenditures, including the development of monthly, quarterly, and yearly projections as requested by HQ;
* Develop appropriate and relevant documentation for and support the Administration and Logistics Specialists in each field office;
* Ensure compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech procurement regulations and processes, including submission of monthly and other periodic reports;
* Work with the Tetra Tech ARD’s Project Manager and Contracts, Grants and Procurement Manager to ensure project procurements are in compliance with contract requirements and budget resources;
* Participate in updating of marketing materials, trainings, and knowledge management systems; and
* In the occasional absence of the DAF, serving as Acting DAF.
* Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, administration, business, or other related field; Master’s degree preferred;
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative and financial support to complex international development programs, with international field experience preferred;
* Prior experience with and knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems;
* Outstanding intercultural competencies and interpersonal communication skills;
* Ability to organize work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
* Availability for international travel (30-40%);
* Professional proficiency in second language is strongly preferred;
* Excellent writing, analysis, and synthesis skills;
* High level of proficiency in MS Office applications and database management, with proficiency in QuickBooks preferred;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is absolutely mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* Letter of motivation explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity;
* A current CV in reverse chronological format;
* List of 3 professional references including name, contact information and professional relationship
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients’ needs. With more than 13,000 employees worldwide, 300 offices worldwide and 2.6 Billion in revenue in FY 2014, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.