Amal Organization for Relief & Development seeking for Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The PM ensures the overall success of the program by making sure the WASH team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the program is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- the project manager will be responsible for the implementation and support of the WASH projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of project proposals and WASH standards and guidelines.
- Manage the WASH team human resources and provide technical support, training and capacity building.
- Manage the quality construction of all infrastructures, ensuring maintenance and sustainability.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted with reports being made.
- Work towards the continual improvement of the processes and the technical implementation.
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized.
- Ensure integration of beneficiary participation and accountability.
- Ensure reporting of activities for internal and external reports as well as representing Amal Organization in relevant clusters and any related events.
- Assess existing project(s) activities and recommend actions to be taken.
- Coordinate with other technical departments to ensure a common approach, synergy and sharing of information.
- Input into the development of the WASH department strategy and WASH projects , new projects and donor proposals.
Ensure smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities that may include, but are not limited to:
Construction or rehabilitation of water networks, gravity flow systems, wells or boreholes.
Implementation of latrines or other sanitation facilities.
Creation and training of management structures.
Cholera prevention campaigns.
Water trucking and emergency water supply.
Solid Waste Management.
Carrying out of assessments and post-implementation monitoring.
Monitoring of sub-contractor work.
Ensure appropriate design, construction and implementation of WASH hardware according to technical standards, as well as proper maintenance and use of WASH equipment.
Qualifications and skills :
· Degree in WASH related studies (engineering, public health, geology, etc..
· Project management skills are essential.
· Experience in designing and putting bill of quantities, WASH facilities like toilet, bathing cubicles, water supply lines and hygiene promotion for affected people.
· Understands and have implemented water trucking and solid waste management and hygiene promotion methodologies in emergency settings.
· Demonstrated experience in managing WASH projects in the Syrian context.
· Experience in working on Bill of Quantities and design ( or rehabilitation) for water and sewage networks.
· Fluency in Arabic and working knowledge of English and ability to write high quality reports in English.
· Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
· Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
· Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector
· Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
· Excellent time-management and prioritization
· At least 2-3 years of experience focused in the management of WASH projects
· Experience in involving targeted communities to promote humanitarian response.
How to apply
If you are interested please use the following link : https://forms.gle/brNreKyV3tXee7Aw5