| || |
The specialist will undertake the following tasks under the supervision of ADB EAER International Staff
member. The specialist will work closely with ADB teams, and the national knowledge management and
communication specialist, to achieve these tasks.
1. Work with EAER to develop a three-year strategic knowledge management plan based on EAER’s forward
workplan priorities aligned with EARD’s overall knowledge cooperation action plan. While this may not
include specific operational and thematic outputs, the plan should include a strategic approach for
consolidating key knowledge elements distilled from all EAER programs (lending and non-lending support).
The plan should also specify how it generates, disseminates and leverages knowledge including
identification of client needs, key counterparts/users and strategic partnerships to scale up overall
impact and contribution from EARD products and participation in COP15.
2. Finalize preparation of two programmatic documents, in a policy brief format: (i) the Thematic
Programmatic Approach for Support of Yangtze River Economic Belt Development in the People’s Republic of
China and (ii) a knowledge product on the YREC approach (based on the lessons distilled from the YREB
program) to be published before COP15 2021. Technical writing inputs may be required for other ADB
3. Provide strategic direction and technical inputs to support ADB preparation for, and participation
in, COP15 2021, focusing on planned ADB participation in two COP15 major forums (for which ADB will lead
selected panels and topics) and one side event (which will be planned and led by ADB) by providing
technical inputs, coordinating with the ADB COP15 working group and other stakeholders (including other
development partner organizations), and reviewing ADB technical materials and knowledge products on the
YREB and YREC to ensure alignment with EARD knowledge management and communication strategies to be
published for presentation at COP15.
4. Coordinate with the EAOD Knowledge Team on quality control screening of EAER KPs including developing
a practical checklist for project officers to follow before publishing.
5. Coordinate with the Regional Knowledge Sharing Initiative (RKSI) team on:
- Identifying strategic opportunities (events, written and multimedia products) to share the PRC’s
experience in high-quality green development with other ADB Developing Member Countries and knowledge
- Developing media campaigns for communications and knowledge dissemination activities to leverage
social media and other knowledge sharing platforms to maximize visibility and impact of EAER work, and
- Building social media identity (i.e. on LinkedIn, Twitter, WeChat) to leverage outreach activities, in
close coordination with the national consultant.
f. Provide thematic and technical inputs as needed to support the EAER knowledge team.
The specialist will work under the overall supervision of ADB International Staff member. He or she is
expected to deliver the following deliverables:
1. A three-year strategic knowledge management plan for EAER in alignment with the 2021-2023 CPS Roadmap
to be submitted by 30 July 2021.
2. Checklist for KP quality control screening developed and submitted by 30 July 2021.
3. Two publications: (i) the Thematic Programmatic Approach for Support of Yangtze River Economic Belt
Development in the People’s Republic of China and (ii) the Yellow River Ecological Corridor (YREC)
knowledge product prepared by 31 August 2021.
4. ADB materials for presentation at COP15 events reviewed and edited and confirmed to be consistent
with ADB/EAER strategic knowledge management plan and key ADB messages for COP15 by 20 September 2021.
5. Coordinate with RKSI team to identify avenues for dissemination and tracking through social media
platforms (number of views, users’ traffic, etc.) increased.
6. A final report, summarizing the work done, key deliverables achieved, challenges, lessons learned,
and recommendations for next steps building on the momentum of EARD participation in COP15, to achieve
EAER’s strategic knowledge management and communications outcomes, by 30 November 2021.