KEY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Lead and provide high level technical advice in relation to groundwater impact assessment and management.
• Manage, lead and support numerical groundwater flow modelling projects to better understand impacts from hydraulic interconnection between the coal seams and surrounding aquifers in the Surat Basin
• Lead and guide technical research, modelling innovations, assessment and interpretation of effective groundwater management solutions in the Great Artesian Basin.
• Review and prepare high quality written technical reports, briefs and submissions to support high level programs, as well as providing formal and informal verbal reports to the executive teams.
• Manage and coordinate interaction with various research organisations and agencies in relation to the modelling project.
• Liaise with and participate in multi-agency/disciplinary teams to progress the projects and hydrogeological analysis.
• Liaise and support negotiations with other government agencies, and with the private sector on matters relating to project activities.
• Manage and lead a team of multi skilled technical professionals or consultancies, to support the delivery of the project.
• Represent OGIA in a professional capacity at national, state and industry conferences.
• Other duties as directed and required.
As a program leader in the role of Principal Hydrogeologist and modeller, the following competencies from the Leadership competencies for Queensland are most relevant to this role: Vision
• Brings people together to build new solutions through testing and refinement (Stimulates ideas and innovation)
• Views situations through a range of perspectives, analysing multiple sources of information to recognise the broader implications of issues (Leads strategically)
• Inspires others to embrace change initiatives, overcoming barriers and resistance through proactive consultation and engagement (Leads change in complex environments) Results
• Uses feedback mechanisms to stay in touch with program progress and directs energy and time towards matters of priority (Drives accountability and outcomes) Accountability
• Broadens knowledge and perspective by seeking new collaborations and experiences and participating in development initiatives (Pursues continuous growth)
• Proactively facilitates collaborations to develop contingency plans in response to identified risks (Demonstrates sound governance)
• A degree qualification in either hydrogeology, groundwater modelling, geology, hydrology, engineering, science or applied science.
• Extensive previous working experience in managing technical projects and carrying out regional-scale geological and hydrogeological modelling studies would be highly regarded.
Applications will remain current for 12 months.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.