Summary: From climate change to the financial bottom-line, water-related concerns are compelling businesses, utilities, and organizations to sharpen their focus (or lack thereof) on water management as a real threat to their operations.
A Bluefield Water Industry Analyst takes on a leading role in identifying and presenting emerging utility ownership trends, financing strategies, and business models shaping the water landscape going forward.
To put things in perspective, some sample questions we like to think about… when we think about water:
- How is the role of private ownership among water utilities changing?
- What are the emerging trends in utility M&A, service provider strategies?
- Which underlying drivers are creating opportunities for investment in water assets?
- How are companies positioning across the competitive landscape?
- What does the future of water utilities look like?
Become a thought leader in water:
- Initiate, write, and deliver regular executive briefings, PowerPoint presentations and market forecasts.
- Build and maintain project databases, ownership profiles, financing deals, and technology deployment, including development of online dashboards.
- Analyze the water sector trends– M&A, partnerships, investments, policies– impacting market development, utility ownership.
- Collaborate with Bluefield’s research and consulting teams to develop new ideas for research.
- Interact with clients on a continuous basis to provide market research, competitive analysis, and strategy support.
- Support Sales and Marketing teams with commercial activities.
- Maintain industry profile through speaking opportunities and other participation in industry forums.
Show off your education, skills, and experience:
- Undergraduate degree, required.
- 1-5 years relevant experience, within the water, energy, infrastructure, or market research fields, preferred.
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau, Qlik, Sisense…etc.), preferred
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to travel in a post-covid world
- Healthcare insurance reimbursement
- Vacation (three weeks)
- Paid time off (sickness and health)
- Public holidays (8-10)
- 401k investment plan
- Upward mobility in a start-up culture that allows for potential a role in management with demonstrated success
- The compensation package (base salary, plus performance related pay) will be commensurate with experience.
- Our team was spread around the globe, even before the pandemic. Given the concentration of team members in Boston and Barcelona, there are benefits to being in these locations. Although, it is not critical. More importantly is accountability and fit with our team culture.
Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up
The position is located in our Boston office.