The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Forum has created a Platform Initiative for Accelerating Nature Based Solutions (PANBS) to accelerate solutions that address the interlinked challenges of climate change, environmental degradation, and desertification. It brings together public, private and civil society stakeholders around actions to protect, restore and sustainably manage eco-systems, while mobilizing increased financing for nature, and highlighting models to boost rural economies and create jobs.
The platform works across all aspects of the public-private agenda required to comprehensively deliver the benefits from nature-based solutions, including halting biodiversity loss by 2030. A key part of the work of PANBS is to make the nature and biodiversity agenda relevant for CEOs, Heads of State/Government and Heads of Civil Society Organizations and curate opportunities to showcase leadership. A shift towards a nature-positive economic model requires integrated planning for our land and oceans such that the environmental impact is not seen as externality. And for such a systems change to occur we require an ambition loop between business action and policy ambition.
The initiative is looking to hire a strong experienced community manager who can apply his/her skills to continue the momentum on the nature agenda and make it mainstream in key industry sectors.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Community Lead will report to the Head of the Nature Action Agenda. Internally, this person will work with colleagues throughout the PANBS as well as with colleagues on the Business Engagement and Partner Development teams, and externally with a broad range of stakeholders from the private, private and civil society sectors including Business For Nature.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
• Oversee and grow the Champions for Nature community, a principals-only leadership group promoting the restoration, conservation and sustainable management of natural capital to lead the way to a nature-positive, net zero future
• Lead the design and build-out of lighthouse projects which test and scale nature-positive pathways for the outcome of protection, restoration and sustainable management of nature
• Support ongoing initiatives of the PANBS by deepening engagement of Champions for Nature companies and organizations
• Drive private sector engagement in the run-up to the 15th UN Conference of Parties on the Convention on Biological Diversity (UN CBD COP15) in collaboration with the Nature Action Agenda team in China and Business for Nature
• Contribute to the development of Forum knowledge products, including the New Nature Economy Report series where relevant
• Support with high-quality documentation on deliverables, timeline, monthly updates, and marketing materials
• Collaborate with the events team to ensure strong nature and biodiversity programming at the Forum’s high-level virtual and in-person events
• Monitor the media trends and tap into relevant industry networks to scope up-and-coming ideas on nature/biodiversity that could help build business and economic engagement
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Strong project management skills, particularly communications (oral and written), presentations and data management skills
• Ability to identify and develop strategic relationships with internal business engagement teams and external contacts who will be joining the CEO-level leadership group
• Strong understanding of nature-positive, net zero pathways for economies and businesses
• Ability to be a quick learner of complex issues and organizational dynamics
Preferred requirements and experience
• Master’s degree in relevant subject (business, environment, policy, etc.)
• A project management certificate or similar practical experience is desired
• 5-7 years of work experience, with proven strength in partnerships; private sector experience preferred
• Ability to build strong internal relationships and networks within complex and collaborative organization; can work well across cultures and virtually in a global environment
• Ability to build and manage long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders
• Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long- and short-term objectives
• Comfort driving new engagement opportunities, navigating ambiguity and being a self-starter
• Excellent organizational skills; able to tackle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and maintain balance in high-pressure work settings
• Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills, and strong experience in preparing strategic marketing materials and value propositions for executive audiences
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!
Why work at the Forum:
The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!