|Home Org Name||Crop Soil and EnvironmentalSciences|
|Division Name||College of Agriculture|
|Position Title||Research Associate I/II/III (Watershed Management)|
|Job Class Code||HA02A/B/C|
|Limited Term Length||1 year|
|Job Summary|| |
This is a one year limited term position and is funded from external sources. Continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of funds.
The individual selected for this position will provide professional research assistance in the area of water quality and watershed management.
|Essential Functions|| |
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
|Education Level||Master’s degree from an accredited institution.|
|Field of Study|| |
Environmental Sciences, Soils, Biology, Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Agricultural Economics, or closely related field.
|Years of Experience||No experience required for Research Associate I entry level|
|Area of Experience|| |
Experience in watershed science research practices and protocols.
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels|| |
Research Associate II: Master’s degree in areas listed above and 2 years of experience in watershed science research practices and protocols.
Research Associate III: Master’s degree in areas listed above and 4 years of experience in watershed science research practices and protocols.
|Education Level||Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed.|
|Field of Study|
|Years of Experience||When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.|
|Area of Experience|
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels|
|Minimum Skills and Abilities|| |
*Requires fundamental research/ scientific knowledge skills and abilities in watershed science, hydrology, or related fields. *Understanding of relevant water policies, regulations, and agencies.
|Minimum Technology Skills|| |
*Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
|Minimum License and Certifications|| |
A valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment is required.
|Desired Qualifications|| |
Desired qualifications include the following:
*Experience and knowledge in developing environmental assessments, watershed planning and research.
|Salary Range||$31,300 – $65,500|
|Working Hours if Non-Traditional|
|List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position|
|EEO Statement|| |
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|| |
Please utilize the attachment feature and attach a cover letter and resume. Only complete application materials will be accepted for review.
|Quick Link for Internal Postings||https://www.auemployment.com/postings/23211|
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Environmental Sciences, Soils, Biology, Forestry and Wildlife Sciences, Agricultural Economics, or closely related field?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Please describe your related experience in detail and provide the job titles of the positions in which you obtained it. If you do not have related experience, please enter “N/A”
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one prior to selection?