Full Job Description
POSTING DATE: May 25, 2021 CLOSING DATE: until filled
POSTING TITLE: Water Resources Division Director LOCATION: Downtown Atlanta
Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) has a challenging and exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to lead its Water Resources Division. This recruitment initiative focuses on finding a dynamic and experienced individual to join us as the Division Director.
In carrying out this role, the individual will ensure that the Water Resources Division meets its goals and objectives by regularly performing a combination of managerial duties related to accountability for the support of goods and service for the citizens of Georgia which includes managing staff, contributing to the strategic planning, interacting and working with customers, etc. Under limited supervision of the Executive Director, this individual will be responsible to direct and empower the division staff and manage all aspects of GEFA’ s Water Resources Division. This person will direct a team that coordinates loan origination, loan processing, loan approval, construction inspection and overall program management for a state-funded and two federally-funded low interest loan programs. This individual will coordinate GEFA’s overall involvement in water resource planning and water resource policy in the State; establish overall budget and staffing requirements for the division; coordinate with staff to ensure that all aspects of programs comply with prescribed regulations and requirements; and initiate and maintain communication with other state agencies and stakeholder organizations. The individual will also advise the Executive Director on issues related to GEFA and the division.
- Directs staff and oversees development and implementation of all Division programs.
- Serves as Division’s strategic planning leader and sets goals and objectives for the Division consistent with GEFA’s and the state’s goals and objectives and improve Georgia’s water quality, public health and economic competitiveness.
- Provides leadership to the Division staff to fulfill goals and implement programs in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Coordinates and oversees loan approval and loan execution process, ensuring excellent customer service, policy and regulatory compliance and collaborative interagency and interdivision coordination.
- Creates and maintains a high-performance work environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Interacts with the GEFA Board, the Georgia General Assembly, the administration, local governments and key stakeholder groups and represents and promotes the work of the Division. Interacts with all levels of state government in a way that promotes respect, encourages cooperation and contributes to excellent performance.
- Ensures compliance under federal and state laws.
- Oversees and/or prepares complex reports and correspondence which requires researching information from a variety of sources.
- Oversees competitive procurements by Water Resources Division staff to secure needed services.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other customers.
- Executes all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university AND supervisory experience. Candidate must possess excellent writing, presentation and public speaking skills.
– Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
– Three to Five years experience in strategic planning, policy analysis, project management, annual budgeting and reporting.
– Three to Five years experience in negotiating complex contracts with other executive level government officials and private consultants.
– Three to Five years experience working with state, city and local government officials.
– Four years of supervisory experience.
– Four years experience working with environmental loan programs and/or experience with federal grants and funding.
– Familiarity with general procurement processes.
– Graduate degree in related field.
– Demonstrated experience with legislative processes.
Please Note: All qualified, prospective candidates will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Due to the large volume of resumes received in this office, we are unable to provide information on your resume status over the telephone. No notifications will be sent to prospective candidates except those who are selected for interviews.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $8,100.00 – $8,400.00 per month
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff are required to wear mask in the common areas. Staff must keep their mask on if their office door is open. Regarding office meetings, staff are encouraged to use Teams or Zoom. We provide PPE (mask, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.)
- Master’s (Required)
- Strategic planning: 3 years (Required)
- Policy Analysis: 3 years (Required)
- Budgeting: 3 years (Required)
- Contract management: 3 years (Required)
- Public Sector: 3 years (Required)
- Loan programs: 4 years (Required)
- Federal grants: 4 years (Required)
- Procurement: 1 year (Required)
- Legislative Processes: 1 year (Required)
- One location