Full Job Description
Janifer & Associates (J&A) is seeking candidates for the anticipated USAID Water and Development Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity contract. The contract will function as the mechanism through which USAID missions, bureaus and operations units will have rapid access to technical expertise and experience. Task orders are expected to support the implementation of the Water and Development Plan. The period of performance for the contract will be for five (5) years. J&A’s headquarters is based in the Washington, DC area, but candidates are expected to work virtually, unless otherwise required by the client.
- Licensed to practice law or anticipated admission to practice law (with licensure in DC, VA, or MD strongly preferred).
- 5 -10 years of experience
- Experience with natural resource/environmental law. Water law experience is preferred.
- Foreign language skills, preferred
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Experience in developing countries, especially in politically sensitive environments
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Recommend and support the development and implementation of policies (local, regional and national) to increase coverage and equitable access, financing and cost-recovery, rationalization and management of demand for water resources.
- Examine the effectiveness of laws, policies, and regulations and their application for sustaining water resources and for providing water and sanitation services.
- Evaluating regulatory options for improving environmental protection, resource allocation and service provision.
- Develop and implementing regulatory instruments including regulations, guidelines, standards, performance agreements, and licenses.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV.Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.
Essential Job Duties:
This job requires the ability to perform the following essential duties, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Read, write, and communicate at a highly functioning professional level;
· Work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel, including other personnel from different cultures and with diverse backgrounds;
· Travel independently, including possibly international travel;
· Use a computer and other electronic devices typical of a modern office;
· Use a telephone, on-line communication portals, and other means of electronic communication;
· Use a desk or other work station to perform job functions;
· Lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds;
· Maintain regular and consistent work hours to complete job tasks and fulfill job-related responsibilities; and
· Perform the various functions listed under “Qualifications” above.
About Janifer & Associates
Janifer & Associates is an engineering and development firm based in Washington, DC and East Africa. A U.S. woman-owned small business, J&A was founded on the principles that infrastructure is essential for economic growth; and that water infrastructure, specifically, is essential for public health and education, especially the educations of women and girls. In addition to engineering projects, J&A provides management consulting services to governments, businesses and local communities to advance sustainable development in the US and around the globe.
Janifer & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: Up to $150,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Master’s (Required)
- Fully Remote