Job no: R737D
With approximately 47,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisers including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
To find out more about working at WSP, our culture and values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
We are currently looking for a motivated Project Manager / Design Manager to join our team on a permanent basis in the Sydney office. You will be given the opportunity to a become a leader in your field of expertise if you are able to display;
- Project management / design management of complex Water Infrastructure projects (including design and construct)
- Provision of specialist technical design input to clients and other team members
- Ensuring relationships with clients, including contractors are managed effectively in order to meet/exceed client expectations.
- Developing independent, practical and economical solutions to problems and taking necessary action for the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Applying experience and understanding of projects from concept through to detailed design to ensure successful project delivery
- Leading and motivating design and project teams, to ensure projects are delivered to the required scope, within budget, identifying and mitigating key risks, to a high standard of quality and ensuring the client’s requirements/success factors are met, providing a positive client experience
- Providing mentorship and guidance to junior members of the team and junior PM’s
What we’ll love about you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related relevant degree
- Demonstrated 8 plus years’ experience in the project/design management of water infrastructure projects
- Project management qualifications/accreditation would be highly regarded
- Strong technical written skills are imperative as is the ability to communicate with and relate to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in a consultancy environment would be highly regarded
- Advanced analytical skills to determine planning issues and provide innovative solutions
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments
- A positive and proactive attitude with the ability to get involved and lead others, whilst contributing to a vibrant team
What we will offer you
WSP provides a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Global mobility
• Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
• Corporate employee discounts and offers
• Salary continuance insurance
• Wellness at work & social club
• Workplace giving /volunteering
• Employee reward & recognition program
• Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.