The Flood Model Data Improvements Programme is a four year programme that supports the delivery of the Environment Agency’s flood capital investment programme and flood incident response.
In this new role in a developing team you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver improvements in processes, tools, guidance and training that will support positive change across all aspects of flood risk management.
You will work alongside the Team Leader to:
• Identify solutions to issues with flood model data management.
• Provide technical leadership to the programme team as well as National and Area colleagues.
• Network and collaborate with stakeholders including Area teams and contractors.
• Guide the development of the Programme and associated guidance and training packages
You will have an interest in diversity and nurturing others viewpoints and have a passion for developing people. You will provide technical leadership, coaching, mentoring and inspiration to others within the team ensuring effective knowledge transfer and development of staff.
• Experience working in Flood Risk Management, particularly with data management
• Have great communication and influencing skills and be able to adapt your style to specific customers / partners
• An understanding of the full lifecycle of a flood modelling product, including spatial and non-spatial data
• An understanding of the wider organisation’s dependence on high quality flood model data outputs and interdependent projects
• Have great communication and influencing skills and be able to adapt your style to specific customers / partners.
• Monitor progress of work and identify risks in the delivery of priorities
• Willing to work flexibly, and be able to work effectively in a dispersed team
• Ability to prioritise your own work and make sound decisions in a timely manner
• The ability to mentor and coach others.
Some travel may be beneficial to the role in due course however we use technology to full effect to keep in touch.
The Environment Agency has an important incident management role and you will be encouraged to play your part in a way that fits around your work/life balance.
Applications from those wanting full, shared or part-time working arrangements or working flexibly from home are welcome.
The assessment process will be undertaken remotely during the week commencing 21 June 2021.
For more information, please contact Jon Silcock on 07880 106805.
11/06/2021, 23:55 hours
We are fully committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect the communities we serve. We welcome flexible working patterns for all our vacancies, including job share, so please include clearly any information regarding your preferred working arrangements on your application.
We also have a Guaranteed Interview Policy to support those with a disability who are seeking employment. We have committed to guaranteeing an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
The Environment Agency, as a Non-Departmental Public Body, is committed to providing value for money and utilises Central Government frameworks and contracts for all external recruitment needs. For this reason, we are unable to engage with the market directly through post, email or phone calls . Should you wish to become a support supplier on one of these frameworks or contracts please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/become-a-crown-commercial-service-supplier/becoming-a-supplier-through-the-crown-commercial-service-what-you-need-to-know for more information.