Excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to join an established and supportive team. This role will be working within the Water Research Laboratory Projects Team. As the Project Engineer you will assist team Project Managers across a wide range of industry projects and applied research.
This role reports to reports to Mr Grantley Smith, Director Industry Research, Water Research Laboratory and has no direct reports.
- Salary, Level 5/6: $75,832 to $94,709 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-Term role – 12 months with the potential for extension dependent on project resourcing needs and performance
- Location: Manly Vale, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This role is within the Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering.
- A relevant degree in Engineering or Science.
- Ability to work in a high-volume team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated background in an area of water engineering which may include water resources, groundwater, coastal engineering, environmental science or numerical modelling areas.
- A class C Australian Drivers licence or equivalent.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Level 6 (in addition to the above)
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and be responsible for working to budgets and timeframes on activities and projects.
- A demonstrable track record of project work experience on a professional engineering team in a relevant water discipline.
- Completion of a recognised project management course or demonstrable equivalent relevant project management experience.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description – Project Engineer (502063).docx or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
To Apply: Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria (skills and experience) nominated in the Position Description. Please note applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Eugene Aves – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: Tuesday 8th June 2021
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.