Position Code/ HIHFS 2/0005- 2017
About Hand in Hand for Syria
Hand in Hand for Syria is a non-political, non-sectarian organization founded in May 2011 to provide humanitarian relief to people inside Syria. Hand in Hand is registered in the UK with a head office in London and two offices in Turkey. With six international partners, projects cover the health, WASH, shelter, food security, NFI and education sectors and directly employ over 350 field staff inside Syria.
Job Title: (WASH MEAL Officer- Syria )
Reporting to:WASH MEAL Coordinator
Description of the Job
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will support the WASH MEAL Coordinator in development of effective systems to analyze trends, monitor and evaluate programming. In line with Hand in Hand for Syria’s ambition toward learning, the MEAL Officer will raise initiatives among all sectors to produce capacity building and strengthening sessions for staff and partners.
Location of the Work
Syria- Filed Sites
Responsibilities of the Job
Support programs planning processes, particularly on intervention and contribute to ensuring adherence to international quality standards,
Support the development of logical frameworks and WASH MEAL plans in project proposals, in consultation with the MEAL Coordinator,
Support MEAL and project staff in timely development and implementation of monitoring framework and tools,
Keep up-to-date feedback files of beneficiaries’ feedback and complaints,
Support the facilitating of capacity building and strengthening sessions of staff and remote partners through training and coaching,
Support the management of evaluations in compliance with Hand in Hand for Syria’s standards and donor’s regulations,
Translation of data to the required language of the reports,
Ensure the regular, timely submission of projects’ reports to WASH MEAL Coordinator, providing accurate information and in the appropriate format,
Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in a, Mechanical engineering, electrical Engineering, Water and Sanitation Engineering
- 3+ year of relevant work experience in related field.
- Previous experience working for NGOs at least 6 months.
- Previous experience in facilitating remote capacity building and strengthening sessions is preferred.
- Experience with statistical packages such as SPSS or any other analytical software is preferred.
- Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE is preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with the issues of urban and village water systems and networks,
- Proven understanding of Do No Harm principles and methodology with applied experience implementing projects with/for women and girls.
- Must be computer-literate, particularly in programs such as MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills required, with the ability to work independently and be self-directed, as necessary.
- Must work well as a member of a team, with willingness to travel throughout project sites, sometimes staying overnight, as the job requires.
- Ability to meet deadlines, performing duties on time and possessing time management skills.
- Professional attire and grooming in addition to customary speech skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, making decisions in urgent situations problem solving skills
nterested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
in addition to sending a detailed CV in English to:
Entitled “WASH MEAL Officer – Syria *” before February 15th .2017.*
*All candidates will be considered but Syrian nationality are encouraged to apply highly
*.** Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.