Global Environmental Sustainability Executive Director, Novartis, Dublin, Ireland
More than 50! This is how many manufacturing sites across the world you will be supporting.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads and is responsible for Global Environment Sustainability activities related to external reporting related to environment management, sustainability and corporate responsibility
• Leads and is responsible for activities related to environmental sustainability due diligence for asset divestiture or acquisition.
• Leads and is responsible for activities related to all Novartis forestry projects and offset projects
• Leads and/or participates in internal committees, working groups, and project initiatives and represents Novartis
• Collaborates across functions to deliver the required results and customer service levels.
• Participates in relevant internal and external forums and stays abreast of the latest developments relevant to the state-of-the-art environmental management concepts and practices.
• Advises management in approaches to improve environmental performance, risk management/reduction programs and implement control techniques.
• Leads implementation of policies, strategies and Global Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and other externally
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Min. relevant work experience of 10 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with an in-depth specialized expertise in environmental sustainability matters.
• Knowledge of and working proficiency in major areas of water and micro pollutants; energy and climate strategy; materials, waste, contaminated site management and remediation; and supply chain management
• Experience in identification and management of diverse stakeholders with superior interpersonal/influencing skills.
• High level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, and networking.
• Ability to communicate effectively across organizations.
• Ability to balance resource demands from multiple internal customers.
• Experience in leading high impact processes and implementation of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data.
Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!