POSITION: Education Program Manager
Part-time (20 hours/week) Flexible hours Monday thru Friday with some weekend and evening events throughout the year. Flexibility to increase hours up to 25/week may be approved in advance for special projects and events.
Location: This position is located in Ohio City in Cleveland, Ohio
Reports to: Executive Director
ABOUT DRINK LOCAL DRINK TAP
Learn more at: DrinkLocalDrinkTap.org
Drink Local Drink Tap was founded in 2010 with the goal of inspiring people to become better stewards of our water. DLDT quickly grew into an international organization focused on environmental education and solving local and global water equity issues. DLDT currently has offices in Cleveland, Ohio and Uganda.
Through our Wavemaker Program, we recently launched new STEM curriculum for 4th-8th grade educators nationwide. We are also continuing to build 10 years of momentum through our in-classroom educational programming. The new curriculum is focused on: our water footprint, water equity and climate change’s expression through water. Our in-classroom education in Northeast Ohio is focused on building a foundation for the curriculum to be picked up and used by teachers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Do you have passion for our environment, education, water equity, and inspiring the next generation of environmental stewards? Drink Local Drink Tap seeks a Wavemaker Program Manager to lead and manage this education program and team. Working closely with the Executive Director, this position oversees program development and partnerships, planning and execution, creating innovative and engaging offerings and content, collaborating with schools and other partner organizations, leading a 1-person educational team, and tracking to clear and measurable learning objectives and program goals.
There is room for growth within DLDT as this program grows.
We are seeking a part-time Program Manager to join our team as we embark on ambitious plans to
- Expand our team in July 2021 to include an AmeriCorps member to execute in-classroom teaching engagements. The Program Manger will oversee this person.
- Expand our network of both local and national schools downloading and using our new curriculum.
- Create and execute teacher training and professional development programming to support teachers in using our curriculum.
- Plan and execute meaningful communications with our teacher network to keep them engaged with DLDT’s mission and program.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, schools and districts to increase exposure and impact opportunities for DLDT.
- Tweak and improve presentations, program workflows and reporting.
- Monitor and evaluate existing programming.
- Assist in information management for KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Plan and execute teacher trainings and professional development experiences.
- Plan and coordinate World Water Day 3/22. Recruit schools to attend.
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
- 4 years in the classroom setting, preferably K-8
- Bachelor’s degree and/or teaching certificate
- Public presentation experience to adult audiences
- Polished communication skills
- High proven attention to detail
- Ability to cultivate learning environments that are equitable and inclusive of students’ backgrounds, abilities and social identities.
- Excellence in influence and leadership – a team player who focuses on building a healthy and productive culture, is skilled at building trust and strong relationships, who models desired behaviors and nurtures them in others.
- Strong management skills, balanced strategic and tactical focus, with a focus on delivering program results while maximizing individual development and well-being.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, coach performance, deliver tough messages with grace, and make decisions to advance the work with limited information or ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills. • Patient, flexible, diplomatic, creative, resilient, pragmatic, with a sense of humor and an ability to stay grounded in diverse conditions and under pressure.
- Fluent working in Microsoft suite (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Note: Prior to hiring a person will be fingerprinted and a criminal background check will be performed. A check of the person’s driving record will also be made. Proof of any college degree(s) and/or coursework and/or other training and/or certifications/licenses must also be provided upon hiring.
Preferred additional experience and skills:
- Familiarly with Ohio Learning Standards
- Marketing and communications
- Teacher training program development and execution
- Supervisory experience
Member will be trained on:
- Canva, Asana and Little Green Light (CRM)
- DLDT’s mission and programs
Performance will be measured:
- In the first 90 days with clear, quantifiable goals
- Every 6 months
- And, an annual review in December.
- Monthly staff meetings are held to update the full team on work plan progress and barriers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
Drink Local Drink Tap is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity and inclusion. We value the individual differences, life experiences, and knowledge that our staff bring to their work and their communities. Valuing diversity is a significant part of our culture, our values, and the success of DLDT’s mission. It is the policy of DLDT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
This is a regular, part-time position. Hourly is $24-27/hour ($23,040-$25,920 annually), depending on qualifications. Member will be reimbursed for pre-approved travel and have access to an office, supplies, wifi and a laptop.
Summary of dress-code: Member will be provided with DLDT polo shirts for meetings and events at no-cost. Business-casual is appropriate for day-to-day office attire.
To apply, email a resume, letter of interest, and two professional references to:
Erin Huber at [email protected]
Please write Education Program Manager in the subject line and include where you found this position in the message body.
Please do not call our telephone number regarding this position.
Apply by June 11th at 5pm EST for consideration. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis after this date until the position is filled. If you are selected for a first interview, you be will notified by June 15th. All interviews will be held by June 23rd.