Reports to: Communications and Visibility Manager
The African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) is an intergovernmental, Pan-African, non-budgetary institution working under the Specialized Technical Committee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Water and Environment of the African Union (AU) and provides political oversight on water resources and sanitation in Africa. AMCOW’s mission is to promote cooperation, security, social and economic development, and poverty alleviation among member states through the effective management of the continent’s water resources and the provision of water supply and sanitation services. AMCOW is mandated to provide political leadership in the implementation of the African Water Vision 2025 and water components of the African Union’s Agenda 2063. For more information, refer to http://www.amcow-online.org
The Digital Content Manager (DCM), under the leadership of the line Head plays a critical role in managing the AMCOW Social media accounts including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instragram to position these as the main public facing communication tools for the organization. As AMCOW’s DCM, you will be instrumental in the implementation of an engaging social media strategy and action plan that will deliver virtual, participant-driven content. Your work will strengthen relationships with our current partners and stakeholders and bring new audiences to our website and resources. The Social Media Manager will maintain AMCOW’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish innovative content that is relevant to our stakeholders. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks and website.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Update Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram AMCOW accounts.
- Ensure AMCOW is in key social media platforms relevant to its area of work.
- Work in collaboration with the graphic and motion designer to develop innovative content
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with AMCOW social media accounts.
- Research articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to AMCOW audience and post it to the social media pages in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Grow AMCOW online social media networks by increasing user base and interactions.
- Maintain current information on our website and social media accounts.
- Complete other social media projects as assigned.
- Use Google Analytics and other tools to assess trends and activity on the AMCOW website.
- Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Develop a social media strategy, guide and action plan for staff to take over work.
- Repurposes and formats content received in a variety of formats from content experts to align with AMCOW’s communication strategy and publishes the materials on-line.
- Ensures that site content and design attract maximum audience while complying with AMCOW web policies and regulations at the same time.
- Follows evolving industry best practices in web and internet technology, content management, and usability; proposes improvements to the AMCOW social media accounts accordingly.
- Attends key AMCOW events and support the communications unit to report on the events
- Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the Communications and Visibility Manager in relation to the social media accounts
- Identity trends and inform future posts
Qualification and Experience
The successful candidate is required to meet the following criteria:
The ideal candidate will show a strong expertise in social and new media communication, preferably with an Undergraduate degree or above with a focus on a field related to learning or technology.
- S/he must be social media savvy.
- Must be proactive and have a strong desire to enhance internet presence.
- Must be comfortable working in a virtual environment.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration in a virtual environment.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Social Media applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Experience with Photoshop and WordPress is an added advantage.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
- Ability to write simply with a conversational style.
- Good command of English is essential. Proficiency of other languages especially French is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and perform under stress.
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral communication skills.
The contract will be effective from date of signing and in case of successful performance last 7 months renewable.
This application is open for individuals. Individuals should provide the following:
- Letter of application;
- References list
- Copy of catalogue or samples of the design work, if available
- A quote for the service provided.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via email to [email protected]
Please forward the application in English through the stated email no later than 11th June 2021
AMCOW all applicants based on merit. It is AMCOW policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to gender, race, national, clan or tribal origin, religion, age, sex, origin or ancestry, marital status, social status, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled individual.