We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department, we focus on consultancy services related to water sector policies, water and solid waste sector reform, circular economy, value chain development in recycling and CE, water acts, management (reform) of water utilities, aggregation of utilities, capacity building all along the water, wastewater and solid waste sector stakeholders, human resources development in water and solid waste utilities and/or public entities in the water and SW sector, assistance in decentralization process towards municipalities, tariff systems, accounting, billing, pro-poor water and sanitation service strategies, public awareness in WASH, socio-economics in water demand studies, willingness and capacities to pay studies, cost-benefit analyses.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f/d) to join our Water, Sanitation and Waste Management Department.
The Consultant will be responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the water, sanitation and waste management sector with a particular focus on the field of utility management, pro-poor water and sanitation access, capacity development and training, management for W&S investments.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with frequent travel to developing countries (e.g. to Sub Saharan Africa). Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Junior Professionals
- University degree (Master) in a relevant area;
- At least 2-3 years (preferably 5) of relevant experience in the context of water supply and sanitation sector, water sector reform, capacity development of water sector stakeholders, preferably related to development cooperation. Additional knowledge and experience in the solid waste management sector is a strong advantage;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, French and German;
- Familiarity with the German (GIZ, KfW) and European development sector (such as e.g. EuropeAid, EIB, EBRD) and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programs of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
- A future-oriented work place in a multi-cultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world;
- A responsible and team-oriented position with diversified tasks and a long-term perspective;
- Continuous skills development and further training;
- A comprehensive set of benefits, e.g. family-oriented company policy, fitness club discounts, public transport reimbursement program, flexible working hours;
- A companywide sustainability concept;
- Events for and with employees.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to Roman Monchy.
Roman Monchy [email protected]