About the job
The Global Network of Water Museums (WAMU-NET) is a ‘flagship initiative’ of the Intergovernmental Hydrological Programme (IHP) of UNESCO. WAMU-NET aims to inform, motivate, connect, and mobilize authorities and citizens to change the mindset of people towards water and its heritage, and implement this vision in connection with SDGs. Its mission is to provide an impetus for connecting past and present knowledge, sustainable water uses, and management practices with the future needs of humans and the biosphere. For more information: https://www.watermuseums.net
Video presentation of the Global Network (4 minutes): https://vimeo.com/470298707
Video presentation to share with potential sponsors (1 minute): https://vimeo.com/453328289
To ensure the smooth implementation of WAMU-NET’s goals, we are searching for new partnerships and have set a Sponsorship Program. We are looking for an expert in fundraising who can share this Sponsorship Program with potential partners that are willing to support WAMU-NET.
As Fundraising Expert, you are expected to:
● Advise and improve on the current Sponsorship Program
● Identify potential sponsors (using our provisional list of potential sponsors, and following our criteria for potential sponsors)
● Contact the sponsors
● Facilitate contacts and negotiate between the potential sponsors and our Fundraising Team until a Sponsorship agreement is signed
We are looking for manifestations of interests that can demonstrate:
● Previous and successful fundraising experience
● Affiliation with WAMU-NET’s visions and goals
● A working permit in Europe
● Good proficiency in English
Also, we are looking for candidates who are able to work:
● Independently and with perseverance
● In a diplomatic way – to represent WAMU-NET as an institution
● With online meeting tools like Zoom, Jitsi, Teams, etc
This is a NO CURE NO PAY assignment. In the case of a successful sponsorship contract, an agreed-upon percentage will be paid.
Your work will be home-based.