AIR Worldwide (AIR), a Verisk business, provides risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events. In 1987, AIR Worldwide founded the catastrophe modeling industry and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, pandemics, casualty catastrophes, and cyber attacks, globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about AIR, please visit us at: www.air-worldwide.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
• Develop, code, and enhance stochastic and physically based precipitation models for regions across the globe
• Collect, process and analyze all available data used in the precipitation simulation and validation processes
• Be comfortable operating in real and near-real time to obtain the best possible representation of an actual precipitation event on tight deadlines
• Run models and fuse/assimilate observations into the modeling process to bring model output close to reality
• Present AIR precipitation models to clients, government bodies and the science community
• Interact with the flood modeling team to provide smooth delivery of the precipitation catalogs and historical event precipitation products
• Solid background in hydrometeorology and precipitation climatology
• Excellent knowledge of probability theory and (geo)statistics. Experience with statistical analysis, data science and stochastic simulation of precipitation would be considered a significant advantage.
• Strong programming skills gained through practical experience using high-level language and tools such as Python, C++, MATLAB, FORTRAN Experience with collaborative code development and system scripting and familiarity with version control will be considered a plus.
• Ability to gather, integrate, and critically analyze data from all relevant sources of natural hazard information such as national and international agencies, insurance data, private entities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks. Project management experience would be considered a plus.
• Highly motivated and self-directed in advancing complex projects
The things you absolutely need to have:
• Advanced degree in meteorology, climate science or related field with associated experience related to midlatitude weather analysis and simulation. Ph. D. preferred, but strong M.S. applicants may also be considered.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.