Part-time, seasonal Project Clean Stream Coordinator will oversee community clean-up projects and events for the Spring 2017 volunteer season. Coordinator will organize and lead community trash clean-ups for Project Clean Stream and train volunteer site captains on how to lead clean-up groups in their neighborhoods. Additional responsibilities include managing supplies and communicating with partner organizations and community groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support forestry and stormwater site maintenance and trash removal from street tree sites with community, corporate and university/student groups.
- Collaborate with outreach staff on communications and partnerships with community members and partner organizations for stewardship and forestry initiatives.
- Collaboratively identify and monitor key sites for stewardship activities (pulling weeds, collecting trash, etc.).
- Support and organize all corporate cleanups in collaboration with the volunteer manager and development director.
- Support general administrative needs for volunteer program as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Minimum 1 year of outreach and/or community organizing experience
- Knowledge of Baltimore City neighborhoods and parks
- Experience teaching or leading volunteer groups
- Experience leading volunteer groups and community organizing is preferred.
- Experience in the environmental field is a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Data entry experience preferred, but not required
March 2017: 1-2 days a week, approx. 5 hrs. a day
April 2017: 2-3 days a week, approx 5 hrs. a day.
Blue Water Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.