As a Sustainability Science researcher, you will be responsible for conducting assessments of environmental and social issues across the full Amazon business ecosystem, evaluating the sustainability impacts of supply chains, from manufacturing, to logistics, to consumer use, to end-of-life. The ideal candidate will have industry experience mapping complex supply chains, conducting LCAs, conducting material flows analyses, benchmarking environmental and social practices, designing research, collecting and analyzing data, and reporting results to business leaders. The candidate should be comfortable working with imperfect data, and quantifying and identifying sources of uncertainty.
The successful candidate must have strong math skills and the ability to apply systems thinking to complex, fast moving problems. The candidate should have familiarity with life-cycle assessment methods and applications. The successful candidate will work under the direction of senior business leaders, but will act as a Subject Matter Expert, including designing research, gathering data, and interpreting results. The candidate may manage small project teams in gathering and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Manage sustainability-related research projects through all stages: ideation, modeling, data collection, data analysis, data visualization, and reporting;
- Develop reports, dashboards and metrics decks which distill complex data into actionable insights;
- Respond to time critical questions from multiple business teams;
- Professionally communicate to senior business leaders.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- 5+ years conducting sustainability research;
- Experience using commercial LCA software such as GaBi;
- Experience with Lean/Agile or similar project management methodologies;
- Superior Excel skills, with experience in SQL, R, and/or Python a plus;
- Masters degree in civil and environmental engineering, environmental science, industrial ecology, or related fields. PhD is a plus