Position Type: Consultant (short term)
Position Location: Tajikistan
ME&A is recruiting four Researchers for the Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) 2020-2025 Assessment Financing Facility for Tajikistan (ESCoMIAD). USAID/Central Asia’s 2020 2025 RDCS goal is: “A self-reliant Central Asia that is interconnected, independent, and resistant to malign influences.” The goal is framed by the U.S. Strategy for Central Asia and USAID’s policy framework. The U.S. Strategy for Central Asia directs resources to support Central Asian states to build resilience to short- and long-term threats to their stability and strengthen their sovereignty by enhancing states’ individual and collective capacity and commitment to strengthen their own development, as well as foster regional connectivity, including with Afghanistan. USAID/Central Asia activities will complement and strengthen bilateral efforts, contributing to a Central Asia that has increased capacity and commitment to address challenges to creating a Central Asia that is interconnected, independent, and resistant to malign influences.
Researchers will provide technical support to Team Leader and will function under his/her management. The Researchers should have sufficient education and experience in collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data as well as writing reports for similar assessments. Advanced spoken and written English communication skills. Proficiency in Russian and Central Asian languages is desirable. Expereince in trade and economic growth sectors;
- Countering Violent Extremism
- Transboundary Water and Environmental Management
- Extensive professional experience in designing/conducting evaluation in related areas. Such experience in Central Asia is preferred but not required.
- Proven skills and experience to develop methodological tools and instruments for evaluation such as interview protocols or questionnaires, data processing sheets, etc., as well as to analyze the data collected and present it in clear and cohesive manner.
- A graduate degree in a related field of study.
- Proven leadership in the management of similar-sized international donor-funded activities with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting.
- Fluent in English required; proficient in Russian and Tajik desirable.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.