Simavi is looking for an experienced, creative and enthusiastic Account Manager Institutional Funds WASH (32 hours/week)
Simavi is an ambitious, growing development organisation of more than 50 people. Out head office is in Haarlem, Netherlands, and we have local representations in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania and Uganda. In partnership with local civil society organisations, we improve the health of marginalised communities in the poorest regions in developing countries in Africa and Asia. Together with local communities, the private sector, knowledge institutes and governments we address Sexual and Reproductive Rights as well as the right for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene- because we believe that those two themes are the basic determinants for a good health. We campaign to engage the general public and involve them in what we do. We are the lead agent of the WASH Alliance international (WAI), a member of the Watershed Alliance, a member of the GUSO (Get Up Speak Out) Alliance, and take part in many more initiatives and alliances.
As Account Manager Institutional Funds WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) your main responsibility is to secure donor funds for WASH programmes. You will take the lead in identifying, coordinating and submitting proposals in line with donor requirements. Furthermore, you will create access to a variety of institutional donors (bilateral, multilateral, international foundations) and mobilise funding for our activities and those of our partners in Africa and Asia. You will maintain networks and partnerships and facilitate appropriate communications with (potential) donors.
You will work in the Partnership Development Department comprised of two Public Affairs Officers, an Account Manager Institutional Funds SRHR, a Business Development Manager and the Director Partnership Development. The role requires working in close collaboration with our WASH team of the Programmes Department and our local representations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Identify fundraising possibilities relevant for Simavi;
- Maintain and develop partnerships to strategically position Simavi for WASH funding opportunities;
- Develop strong network with donors and key players in the WASH field;
- Write and coordinate development of strong, relevant proposals, including Theory of Change or Logical Frameworks and align proposals with donor requirements;
- Strengthen and support Simavi’s capacity to manage and develop (innovative) programmes.
Knowledge and experience:
- Academic level with minimum of 5 years knowledge and/or work experience in WASH or basic health development programmes;
- Extensive experience and track record with institutional fundraising and good knowledge of programmatic planning models, monitoring systems, proposal writing;
- Network with international donors in the field of WASH or Basic Health;
- Understanding of the WASH sector including the major institutional donors and players in the field.
- Innovative and strategic thinker, capable of finding pragmatic solutions to complex problems;
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills;
- Eye for detail, application of strong financial rigor, discretion and integrity;
- Excellent communication skills in English, understanding of Dutch language is preferred;
- Excellent writing skills (English).
To be considered for this position Simavi requires that you possess a Dutch work permit.
- An interesting position for 32 hours per week in a dynamic and international working environment, with substantial personal freedom within an ambitious and professional team;
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,706 and € 3,875 for a working week of 32 hours (between € 3,045 and € 4,360 on a fulltime basis of 36 hours);
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Nanneke Nix, Director of the Partnership Development Department: 023 5101797 or [email protected].
Candidates can send in their application up until July 3rd, 2016. Please send your letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] using reference Account Manager Institutional Funds WASH.
The first and second round of interviews will take place between July 11th and July 22nd, 2016. A written test will be part of the procedure.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.