– Perform extensive numerical modelling of groundwater flow and transport.
– Design and model laboratory scale experiments related to subsurface flow and transport.
– Design and model field scale experiments and infrastructure related to density dependent groundwater flow and transport.
– Assess field and laboratory data and interpret model results.
– Prepare technical reports.
– A PhD degree or equivalent in hydrogeology, hydrology, environmental sciences, applied mathematics or related disciplines.
– Dissertation topic and/or relevant work experience in numerical modelling of porous media flow, especially groundwater flow and density dependent transport.
– Preferred expertise in MODFLOW based modelling suite (MT3DMS, SEAWAT etc) from USGS
– Practical knowledge in numerical modelling and groundwater hydrology.
– Relevant experience in developing field and laboratory subsurface experiments.
– Hands-on experience in groundwater field experiments.
– Experience in programming in Fortran, Matlab, Python, R, etc.
– Good technical report writing and analytical skills.
– Able to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team and willing to develop.
– Able to write research papers in English.
– Driver’s license would be an extra asset.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering