- Bachelor’s degree in relative field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing systems to manage EHS risks.
- Experience with atmospheric emission inventory calculations, environmental and building permit application preparation, environmental impact assessment preparation and pollution control technologies.
- Experience with project management tools.
- Experience communicating with regional and national authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Knowledge of data center operations, facilities management, engineering and/or construction.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Data Centers (GDC) makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures on the planet. As GDC is planning for the next wave of data center growth, it has built an exceptional Environmental, Health, Safety & Quality (EHSQ) program to scale compliance and safety excellence design, construction, commissioning, deployment and operations of data centers.
As a member of the Data Center EHSQ team, you will be responsible for supporting new site acquisition and growth for Environmental, Health & Safety programs from initial due diligence to management system implementation, environmental compliance programs and global oversight. You’ll play a critical part in ensuring all environmental issues are identified and addressed.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Identify and evaluate operational environmental risks for impact to the business, starting from due diligence through master planning and design phases; analyze risk scenarios to determine their potential impact to the business and design/lead programs to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct assessments of existing EHS programs to ensure alignment with global Google Data Center strategy, including analyzing environmental business risks and identifying, describing, and estimating efficiencies to be gained through established programs.
- Assess potential environmental liability risks with a focus on soil and groundwater remediation, hazardous waste, water and wastewater, environmental permitting and compliance, solid waste/geotechnical, air emissions, environmental and human health risk assessment.
- Assess training needs based on identified operational environmental risks and ensure that workforce training activities are provided to meet business and legislative requirements.
- Travel up to 30% as required.