Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been working in Afghanistan for the past 12 years with its main activities include: Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA); Education; Shelter; and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Through its programmes, NRC provides humanitarian assistance to Afghan refugee returnees, conflict and disaster-induced displaced persons (IDPs) and other vulnerable, displacement-affected populations.
- Develop Shelter,WASH and Emergency strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Shelter,Wash and Emergency, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Shelter,Wash and Emergency implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- 10Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- Commencement: August or before
- Contract period: 18 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions
- Duty station:The position will be based in Mazar e-Sharif, with regular travels to the NRC field offices in Afghanistan. This is an unaccompanied post/non family duty station, with shared housing/accomodation of moderate standard.
- Due to the unstable security situation, recreational and social facilities are limited.
- All international staff working and residing in Afghanistan are obliged to pay income tax to the Afghanistan authorities.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Selected candidate need to provide certified University diplomas prior to applying for visa to Afghanistan
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location